• You cannot reply to this topic

Index was outside the bounds of the array V2797 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:21 AM

Reviewing this again... while the original purpose of this thread was about untextured polys there is another condition than never-been-textured and that's unable to find the correct testure file. I think it would be beneficial for the "completeness method" to check for that and include the name of a missing texture (if that's possible). Substituting a grey texture and moving right along is great but it doesn't help resolve the actual problem.

And yes, I know Shapeviewer can be used to figure out whats missing but one needs to know to look and right now there's nothing coming out of OR to tell you that something is missing. IIRC there was at one time something that let you know to investigate but not now.

#22 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:08 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 24 January 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:

Reviewing this again... while the original purpose of this thread was about untextured polys there is another condition than never-been-textured and that's unable to find the correct testure file. I think it would be beneficial for the "completeness method" to check for that and include the name of a missing texture (if that's possible). Substituting a grey texture and moving right along is great but it doesn't help resolve the actual problem.

I thought that Open Rails would print a warning if it was told to load a texture that doesn't exist, but maybe not? If this is not the case, file a bug and we can get that added. It doesn't belong in the shape verification code though, as that's meant to be self-container to the S file.

#23 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 26 January 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

I thought that Open Rails would print a warning if it was told to load a texture that doesn't exist, but maybe not? If this is not the case, file a bug and we can get that added. It doesn't belong in the shape verification code though, as that's meant to be self-container to the S file.

IIRC a long time ago it did... but whether that is correct or not it most certainly does not now. I'll create the bug report.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users