• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NVIDIA Conrol Panel Settings. Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

Thank you James, I have found it. Can you tell me what recommended changes to the NVIDIA defaults are recommended for using RunActivityLAA.exe?

#12 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:54 AM

View Postdforrest, on 14 September 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Thank you James, I have found it. Can you tell me what recommended changes to the NVIDIA defaults are recommended for using RunActivityLAA.exe?

I don't know about recommended changes but the only thing I change is "Texture filtering - Quality" from the default "Quality" to the much better "High quality". This fixes their broken anisotropic filtering on the track/terrain. I don't change anything else.

#13 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:19 AM

Thank you James.

#14 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostEldorado.Railroad, on 14 September 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

Maybe the cows have left the barn on this one, but what I can state is that, before you commit any changes in Nvidia Inspector or AMD Catalyst, the Open Rails menu.exe HAS to be stopped. If menu.exe is loaded, changes to Directx are locked out, at least that is my experience. Ditto for changes you make in the registry for Open Rails.

I am going to guess that the secondary issue involving window mode and tracks is not experienced by many here. This of course will make it hard to determine if this issue is a rare bug or if it can be fixed on my end. For starters, I have removed all profiles related to OR and started from scratch, using just the standard control panel. All settings are set when OR is totally shut down. Once I found out my profile was not working right, fixing it solved the antialiasing issue and it shows under both full screen and window mode. The issue I am experiencing under window mode seems to be concentrated on the rails alone. Its a visual anomaly that moves up and down the rail with the camera view. I initially described it as ripples, but it looks more like ridges.

Edward K.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users