• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OR Memory Issues Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:42 AM

There is a room to make sounds more efficient by just modifing the sms. But it's pointless if the handling of setting going to changed. I mean now the 2082 commit by rdmurphy, that made volume curves match to MSTS, but then reverted because of some problems. I wonder what happened with that change.

#32 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:22 PM

From the change history I see the volume curve handling was modified to assume the speed values in it are in km/h, and when realized that the original handling with m/s was the correct one, changed it back. It was within 24 hours, and half year ago, so I really don't get why you took this one as an example for pointless sms changes...

#33 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

Maybe not that was that i remember, but some sounds in OR always had lower volume(when the camera was nearly in same distance like in msts), and some change made them to sound like in MSTS which was reverted after.

#34 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:11 AM

So i see this stuttering problem isn't really connected to the GC graph. Sometimes the game stutters, sometimes not, on the same path on same route same season same time same settings. It might by a bug of .net framework. Isn't there a way to reset the .net without restarting the full system?

Or maybe connected to AI trains? However the difference isn't big 4 to 12 AI trains

How can i build an OR to .net 4.5.1? I tried setting the compile target in VS to 4.5.1, and it built the game, but when i tried to start it (openrails.exe), crashed instantly, referring to kernelbase.dll

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users