Elvas Tower: Steam Locomotive Rear Bogie - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Steam Locomotive Rear Bogie Not pivoting, staying rigid with rest of the engine? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:47 AM

Fix submitted as of V2526.

Edit: This fix is for bogies/axles that were not tracking properly. For those who mentioned that axles are rigid, it may have been designed this way. Some time ago, I updated the Scotsman with a newer model from somewhere which I can't remember. I checked the tender, only to find no bogies and all axles attached to the body.

Edward K.

#22 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

Correction to my last post. It was not the Scotsman that was updated so the tender is the original with the axles attached to the body.

Edward K.

#23 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:19 PM

That is correct. No British engine ran with a bogie tender.

#24 User is offline   BB25187 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails MSTS

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:29 AM

Hi,

View Postedwardk, on 26 September 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

Fix submitted as of V2526.

Edit: This fix is for bogies/axles that were not tracking properly. For those who mentioned that axles are rigid, it may have been designed this way. Some time ago, I updated the Scotsman with a newer model from somewhere which I can't remember. I checked the tender, only to find no bogies and all axles attached to the body.

Edward K.

I made some tests with #2531, and the bogies are now rotating as expected. Great thank for the fix!

Regards

#25 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:08 PM

Unfortunately, what was once fixed now appears to be broken again as of X2560... I'm not sure if it showed up with this version, or one of the last few, but I'm again seeing single axle trailing trucks remaining fixed under the engine rather than swinging from side to side like they were before. And yes, this is with models correctly set up with the trailing truck pivot point in the prototypical location (not coinciding with the single axle). I've verified this on my Frisco 1500's, and also my Western Pacific 4-8-2's which I have been updating for an OR release. The Frisco engines were working correctly a few versions ago though, like I reported earlier in this thread - but not now.

What's interesting is that my WP and SP GS 4-8-4 engines (two axles in the trailing truck) are still swinging back and forth like they have been for awhile now... Only the single axle trailing trucks seem to be effected.

#26 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:46 PM

It was V2526 that fixed the bogies/wheels not tracking properly issue that was reported here. Since this fix, the axle under the cab stopped pivoting. With this in mind, I am going to have to study this issue carefully. I thought I solved the invisible car issue, but that is still taking place and I am in the middle of getting that wrapped up.

Edward K.

#27 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:38 AM

It turns out that the wait is not going to be long. I am uploading a fix which is based on V2556. My preliminary tests show that the trucks under the cab now pivot, but I am requesting that you test this fix on as many locomotives as possible to be sure nothing else is broken.

Edit: Make sure to turn off the option for LAA when using this fix.

Edward K.

Attached File(s)

#28 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:25 PM

View Postedwardk, on 05 October 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

It turns out that the wait is not going to be long. I am uploading a fix which is based on V2556. My preliminary tests show that the trucks under the cab now pivot, but I am requesting that you test this fix on as many locomotives as possible to be sure nothing else is broken.

Edit: Make sure to turn off the option for LAA when using this fix.

Edward K.

Edward,

I did test this and it appears to have worked as intended... On both the Frisco and WP 4-8-2's, the trailing truck again pivots again with your test file. I also double checked that this is still working correctly with the 4-8-4's (two axles behind the trailing truck pivot point) and those also still worked like they should :oldstry:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users