• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brake initialization at speed <> 0 Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:48 AM

Well not that anyone cares but those that do and want to experiment their own or share like me, but here are some ORTS brake parameter lines that could and should be placed in .eng files under/between end of eng file Under: Name ( "???" ) and Above: Description (

ORTSAirBrakeMainresvolume ( 10.2 ) <-----Pretty much of what was mentioned early in post#2 but can be used if no one wants to do big changes to what MSTS reads with main reservoir volume.
ORTSMainResChargingRate ( 3.31 ) <-----Experimented that this helps the speed charging of the main res when train's BP system is fully charged as well as helping units equipped teamed up to keep main res strong up like a boost to Main Res volume.
ORTSBrakePipeChargingRate ( 3.0 ) <-----Aware this helps charging the brake pipe (BP) of train or just units faster the higher in connection as if it was a boost for ORTS menu option brake pipe charging rate PSI.
ORTSEngineBrakeReleaseRate ( 38 ) <-----Aware this is the release rate of the independent brake (helpful for RailDriver).
ORTSEngineBrakeApplicationRate ( 34 ) <----- I'm aware this line is the application speed of the loco's independent brake (helpful for RailDriver).
ORTSBrakePipeTimeFactor ( 0.008221323 ) <-----I'm aware the lower this is the faster the BP's release depending of the number of units MU teamed up with this setting the faster. Also in this current number setting I notice how like in real life of some units the BP number in cabs may giggle hard when setting up that till it gets pretty still steady means the BP of the train are equalized completely from front to rear of train. Note. The higher this line in whole numbers the slower the BP may charge.
ORTSBrakeServiceTimeFactor ( 0.19146 ) <-------I'm aware the lead unit with this and a lower number under deep from decimals setting speeds up the consists Train Brake application. Note. The higher this line in whole numbers slows application.
ORTSBrakeEmergencyTimeFactor ( .015 ) <--------I'm still experimenting if this is how fast the emergency application speed acts the lower the under decimals .

Not all of them need to be added but some can help in ways as well as experimented when together with another or all as if they were locomotive brand features or just one or more parts needing service or fixed like a unit with a bad orderd or no Main Res tank, BP, Compressor etc. Now just if there was a RPM power charges main res parameter speed for some units.

Thanks for including these in the manual but does ORTS Development team not want this known or experimented yet to ORTS supporters and users yet?

#12 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:56 AM

If these are to be made publicly documented and are not wanted to not be used, I´ll think about including an option for having these added to an engine file by my DPU program...

Cheers, Markus

#13 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:55 PM

Sofar so good I like the new brake initialization equal to 0 speed being able to be used at any speed in favor for faster emergency applications :)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users