Elvas Tower: 3D Cabs - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 80 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D Cabs Rate Topic: -----

#661 User is offline   akioyamamura 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 02 September 2021 - 06:26 AM

Csantucci, on 02 September 2021 - 04:02 AM, said:

At a short glance in the code the colours displayed should be those defined in the related .cvf control for positive and negative values, that is the same ones used for a

Even if I use a custom font? I'm developing the cab and the display is the next step.
I'm using a cab that I bought months ago to texting some experiments. In this cab, change the color only in the .cvf file doesn't work. In fact, works normally in 2D cab but the 3d cab doesn't obey the cvf( cvf are the same at 2d and 3d folders).

Thank you

#662 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 06 September 2021 - 05:21 AM

Weter, on 01 September 2021 - 06:25 PM, said:

Alas, I even don't know, is there any kind of manual for making 3d cabs. ORTS Manual gives us very few of information about that, and that's right:
Fundamental knowledge is better to hold in dedicated document for modelers specially...
Try to contact Vapor 3d member. He is from Spain and models 3d cabs.

Thank you for remembering me Weter!

#663 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 06 September 2021 - 07:53 AM

A more deep check showed that the Positive and Negative colour as defined in the .cvf file aren't considered to display numeric strings in 3D cabs. This is a significant missing feature; unfortunately I'm zero in graphics, so I don't know how this could be solved.

#664 User is offline   akioyamamura 

• Hostler

Posted 06 September 2021 - 05:30 PM

Csantucci, on 06 September 2021 - 07:53 AM, said:

A more deep check showed that the Positive and Negative colour as defined in the .cvf file aren't considered to display numeric strings in 3D cabs. This is a significant missing feature; unfortunately I'm zero in graphics, so I don't know how this could be solved.

Ok, thank you for your support. It's possible animate bars like BRAKE_PIPE GAUGE or LOAD_METER GAUGE? All I have here is a black bar when I need other colors.

#665 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 07 September 2021 - 07:33 AM

In the manual I read:
"Gauges of solid type have to be named AMMETER:1:10:100; where the three numbers indicate that
this is the second ammeter, that it has a width 10 mm, and a maximum length of 100 mm. The color
and direction/orientation follow those defined in .cvf files."
In your .s file the third numeric parameter is missing. In this case you probably get a gauge of length 0.

Re the digital problems, in the manual I read:
"Digits for 3D cabs can now use custom ACE files; e.g. name the part as CLOCK:1:15:CLOCKS. This will
draw the second clock with 15mm font dimension, with the CLOCKS.ACE file in CABVIEW3D containing
the font. If no ace is specified, the default will be used."
Maybe if you use for every digital two .cvf controls, one activated in the positive range which has the custom .ace with the color of the positive colour, and the other activated in the negative range which has the ,ace with the custom .ace with the color of the negative coloour, you can solve the problem.

#666 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 07 September 2021 - 08:46 AM

Hello!

I am working on a 3d double cab, which has duplicate controls for each of the cabs at the ends of the locomotive. This allows me to switch cabs for each direction and I see that most controls work very well.

But I am now running into the problem that if I replicate the controls for the inverter indicator (DIRECTION_DISPLAY), which are :0:0, :0:1 and :0:2, and put in the other cab the 1:0, 1:1 and 1:2 controls, they do not work.

The same happens to me with the headlight controls (FRONT_HLIGHT).

Any idea? with the rest of the controls, for example SANDERS:0 the solution has been to write them like this: SANDERS:0:0 and SANDERS:0:1 and they work perfectly.

Thanks for the suggestions!

#667 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 07 September 2021 - 10:50 AM

VAPOR3D, on 07 September 2021 - 08:46 AM, said:

Hello!

I am working on a 3d double cab, which has duplicate controls for each of the cabs at the ends of the locomotive. This allows me to switch cabs for each direction and I see that most controls work very well.

But I am now running into the problem that if I replicate the controls for the inverter indicator (DIRECTION_DISPLAY), which are :0:0, :0:1 and :0:2, and put in the other cab the 1:0, 1:1 and 1:2 controls, they do not work.

The same happens to me with the headlight controls (FRONT_HLIGHT).

Any idea? with the rest of the controls, for example SANDERS:0 the solution has been to write them like this: SANDERS:0:0 and SANDERS:0:1 and they work perfectly.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Hello again!

As it usually happens to me, I answer myself.

It is necessary to declare second duplicate controls in the *.cfv file for the invention work, in my case pointing to a transparent texture located outside the margins of the 2D cab image.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

#668 User is offline   Weter 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 September 2021 - 11:03 AM

That's nothing bad; as it was said by Pushkin:

И опыт-сын ошибок трудных,
И гений-парадоксов друг...

Mostly in such way, the progress goes.

#669 User is offline   akioyamamura 

• Hostler

Posted 07 September 2021 - 01:24 PM

Csantucci, on 07 September 2021 - 07:33 AM, said:

In the manual I read:
"Gauges of solid type have to be named AMMETER:1:10:100; where the three numbers indicate that
this is the second ammeter, that it has a width 10 mm, and a maximum length of 100 mm. The color
and direction/orientation follow those defined in .cvf files."
In your .s file the third numeric parameter is missing. In this case you probably get a gauge of length 0.

I'm not certain of what version I sent you, but we did what the manual says but for some reason we are finding only a black bar. It worked as it should be, but not with the color. Now we're trying to create a animation similar to a Needle gauge but "tranlating" the needle to a gauge.

Csantucci, on 07 September 2021 - 07:33 AM, said:

Re the digital problems, in the manual I read:
"Digits for 3D cabs can now use custom ACE files; e.g. name the part as CLOCK:1:15:CLOCKS. This will
draw the second clock with 15mm font dimension, with the CLOCKS.ACE file in CABVIEW3D containing
the font. If no ace is specified, the default will be used."
Maybe if you use for every digital two .cvf controls, one activated in the positive range which has the custom .ace with the color of the positive colour, and the other activated in the negative range which has the ,ace with the custom .ace with the color of the negative coloour, you can solve the problem.

That's a good idea. How can i activate and deactivate a display at cvf file? I know how to do this in a .sms file but I never saw this on a .cvf file.
Here's my load_meter display at 2D cab. When it's below zero I have the negative value at my display, but I have the O green value.

Digital (
Type ( LOAD_METER DIGITAL )
Position ( 416 211 37 50 )
ScaleRange ( -1 90000 )
Accuracy ( 0 )
AccuracySwitch ( 0 )
LeadingZeros ( 0 )
Justification ( 1 )
PositiveColour ( 1
ControlColour ( 0 157 0 )
)
NegativeColour ( 1
ControlColour ( 242 242 0 )
)
DecreaseColour ( 0
ControlColour ( 0 0 0 )
)
Units ( AMPS )
ORTSFont ( 4.1 1 "Arial" )
)

Digital (
Type ( LOAD_METER DIGITAL )
Position ( 416 211 37 50 )
ScaleRange ( -60000 0 )
Accuracy ( 0 )
AccuracySwitch ( 0 )
LeadingZeros ( 0 )
Justification ( 1 )
PositiveColour ( 1
ControlColour ( 0 157 0 )
)
NegativeColour ( 1
ControlColour ( 242 242 0 )
)
DecreaseColour ( 0
ControlColour ( 0 0 0 )
)
Units ( AMPS )
ORTSFont ( 4.1 1 "Arial" )
)

#670 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 08 September 2021 - 12:15 AM

In the .s file you sent me I don't see animated solid gauges, so I can't check what is the problem with the black bar. If you provide to me an .s file with a solid gauge, I can check.

About my proposal with the two .cvf digitals, there is in fact the problem you say for the zero (I didn't think at that), and I don't see a solution for it.

• 80 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users