• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No Throttle Noise Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

If the raildriver makes the difference, then it is hardly an sms problem. Unfortunately I don't have raildriver, so I will not be able to debug this issue.

#12 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

View Postrailguy, on 11 March 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

Here is an example of what I talked about above. This is the way a cab .sms file looked when released:

I added one stream to the total number of streams, making 13 for the Scalability Group (5 section of this example file. Also, make sure that the number of Triggers in each Stream matches the number of Discrete Triggers in the Stream. I don't use RailDriver, but doing the above solved the problem for me with throttle and brake sounds that either wouldn't play or were long delayed using keyboard commands.

Thanks - the illustrative text cleared it up for me. I'll try it, although, Peter posted "If the raildriver makes the difference, then it is hardly an sms problem. Unfortunately I don't have raildriver, so I will not be able to debug this issue.", but it certainly it worth a try. As I mentioned, in this case the throttle sounds are indistinct but audible when using the keyboard (barely, when compared to other engines ). So they may be there but not quite audible when engaging RailDriver -- if that is possible.

#13 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

I made the suggested changes to the Surfliner_F59PHICab2.sms file (attached copy of new file). Result is the same, even with an increase in the vol (from 0.6 to 0.9 - my understanding is that 1.0 is 100%?) Running the locomotive in neutral with brakes applied and using keyboard (Raildriver run NOT engaged) the throttle clicks are audible. Engaging RailDriver and doing same procedure - the throttle clicks are missing.

My novice shot in the dark guess is that the RailDriver being simply an analog (resistor control) device does not perform the same way as pressing a key on the keyboard - a discrete event. Why that should make a difference to ORTS? -- not enough experience or knowledge.

I just tried a BLW C636 SPS 335 - which has distinctive and loud throttle clicks with the same result - same route; same procedure. The throttle notch clicks are present when using the keyboard but missing when RailDriver is engaged. I know the throttle sounds were there in the past - I remembering hearing them (although memory and hearing does go (to Where??) I think I'm correct about this! Gonna check some more.

I tried this with ORV09, ORVx1955 and ORVx2065 same result with both locomotives - also tried it with a other engines in other routes (SLI BNSF Scenic) with same results. Should a bug be filed? To me (my own opinion) it's not a pressing issue - I'm sure it will be looked at, when time allows. Engine still moves, earth hasn't stopped, tracks clear ahead.

So........................Peter my question to you -- how can we get a RailDriver to you? Got a :good: coming up?

Attached File(s)

#14 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

Checked today. Throttle notch clicks work with RailDriver in MSTS. Same procedure, routes, engines - start activity (or explore) keyboard has throttle sounds, engage RailDriver and all throttle clicks play. So I suppose I'll file a bug.

I reported the bug as follows: Throttle notch click sounds absent when RailDriver engaged. Work in keyboard mode until RailDriver is engaged then are missing. This occurs in all versions used. OR Vx09, OR Vx2065, Or Vx1955 - using different types of engines and routes. The throttle notch click sounds are present in MSTS when using RailDriver in same situations.
Refer to Elvas Tower Thread: http://www.elvastowe...throttle-noise/

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users