• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No Throttle Noise Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Surfliner6908 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:20 AM

The throttle noises in v.2065 don't play in any locomotives. I've begun to notice it doesn't play in previous versions also. to Is this a bug? If it happens to be, could it be overlooked?

#2 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:37 AM

For me both the notch sound and the motor sound works.

#3 User is offline   Surfliner6908 

• Apprentice

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:53 AM

There's a chance it could be a problem in my sms. files, though. Most of the soundsets I use are made by the same creator, so there is a good chance he'd avoided using throttle sounds altogether. Do you think you could post your throttle stream in the thread so that I could test it in my equipment? Thanks in advance!

#4 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:12 AM

Look at any default MSTS locomotive, e.g. GP38 for a working .sms.

#5 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:06 AM

Many .sms files include the throttle notch sounds in the same stream as the air brake sounds. Often this means that all of the air brake sound streams have to play before the throttle sounds will. An easy fix in the .sms files is to create a separate stream for the reverser and throttle notch .wav files and delete them from the air brake files. Just remember to add one additional stream to the number of streams at the top of the .sms file for whatever ScalabilityGroup you are working in (usually "(5)").

#6 User is offline   Surfliner6908 

• Apprentice

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

I've confirmed that my problem is caused by my usage of a RailDriver. Could somebody formulate a fix for this?

#7 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

View PostSurfliner6908, on 10 March 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

I've confirmed that my problem is caused by my usage of a RailDriver. Could somebody formulate a fix for this?

I use RailDriver and all the throttle sounds are present in all locomotives, electric, diesel, and steam. May be able to help if you could give a specific instance where you encountered this problem. Route/Activity/Locomotive used/Version of ORTS.

#8 User is offline   Surfliner6908 

• Apprentice

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

I just finished using the 3DTrains Surfliner set with the corresponding route, but it has shown to be consistent throughout my selection of routes and trains. I asked a fellow RailDriver user and he told me that he gets no throttle noise in the cab as well.
EDIT: Unplugged my RailDriver, and now the throttle sounds work.

#9 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:59 PM

First, I'm in agreement that the throttle does not "notch-click" when the raildriver is engaged. No need to unplug it though, do not engage the Raildriver run key and use the keyboard controls - you can hear the throttle "notch-click" using the keyboard. The throttle sounds are very indistinct in this instance when compared to others - (like BLW engine sounds). I renamed a very loud throttle sound - not the right one for the surfliner - and it was also barely audible. I think the problem lies with the sms files for this particular set of locomotives. This is where I gotta say - don't know anything - still learning. You could try adj the volume and other parameters in the sms files to see if it has any effect. There is a new set of wav files at Train Sim for the F59PH ---- emd_f59phi_sounds.zip, although no throttle is included. It's late, going to shelve it for tomorrow. I know someone has the answer just by looking at the sms file --- so here is a pair attached. I was using OR Vx2065 and running the 3DTrains_Surfliner F59PHI_450.eng.

This is the first time I've experienced this using the RailDriver. Normally the throttle sounds are quite noticeable, as I said, especially with BLW/ZT models, SLI products and the better constructed freeware models I've downloaded.

Attached File(s)

#10 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:21 AM

Here is an example of what I talked about above. This is the way a cab .sms file looked when released:

Stream (
Skip ( **** This stream plays all the controls samples **** )
Skip ( **** NOTE: Missing AWS Alarm **** )
Priority ( 6 )
Triggers ( 9
Discrete_Trigger ( 15 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_reverserf.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Discrete_Trigger ( 16 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_throttlef.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Discrete_Trigger ( 17 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_abrakef.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )

Discrete_Trigger ( 18 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_ibrakef.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Discrete_Trigger ( 20 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_dbrakef.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Discrete_Trigger ( 26 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_sandf.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Discrete_Trigger ( 37 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_flightsf.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Discrete_Trigger ( 48 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_econtrol1.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )

Discrete_Trigger ( 51 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_ebrake.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
)
)

Note the position of the reverser and throttle Triggers. This particular .sms file had 12 Streams in the Scalability Group (5 section where it was located.

I replaced the lines above with this:

Stream (
Priority ( 6 )
Triggers ( 2
Discrete_Trigger ( 15 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_reverserf.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Discrete_Trigger ( 16 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_throttlef.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
)
)
Stream (
Priority ( 6 )
Triggers ( 7
Discrete_Trigger ( 17 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_abrakef.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )

Discrete_Trigger ( 18 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_ibrakef.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Discrete_Trigger ( 20 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_dbrakef.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Discrete_Trigger ( 26 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_sandf.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Discrete_Trigger ( 37 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_flightsf.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Discrete_Trigger ( 48 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_econtrol1.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )

Discrete_Trigger ( 51 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "../../DASH9/SOUND/d9_ebrake.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
)
)

I added one stream to the total number of streams, making 13 for the Scalability Group (5 section of this example file. Also, make sure that the number of Triggers in each Stream matches the number of Discrete Triggers in the Stream. I don't use RailDriver, but doing the above solved the problem for me with throttle and brake sounds that either wouldn't play or were long delayed using keyboard commands.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users