• You cannot reply to this topic

OR Localization Rate Topic: -----

#101 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:41 AM

That was fast... ;) for the detailed explanation, that´s more than I actually needed to make it work :)

Now it should just be translating, checking and fine tuning, but that will have to wait ´till the weekend... school´s calling again, after February Holidays...

Cheers, Markus

#102 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:22 AM

Nearly done with the translation, I just got a a handful questions regarding RunActivity.pot:

A) What is "Res" used for?
:sign_thanks: What does "Pick Signals" / "Pick Switches" do? (keyword is "pick")
C)What does "shaft mean in "locked. Use shaft before changing gear."? (Couldn´t find an adequate translation anywhere, I suppose though, it means something like clutch...)

And there´s one further question regarding Menu.pot: What does "Adhesion Moving Average Filter Size" translate to in explanatory English?

Will attach the .po files here as soon as possible, IE, after the above things could be sorted :)

Cheers, Markus

#103 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

Hi Markus,
some answer to you.
A) Where do you find RES? If it something related to brakes, it could be "Reservoir", but it depends from the context
:) "Pick" is the same as "Select". The rationale is that sometimes Signals and Switches are very near on the Dispatcher monitor, so that you have difficulty to select with the mouse the desired item. So you preselect only the type of item you want, and so mouse selection is easier.
C) About shaft I am perplex. Shaft should be "Welle", but I don't understand what is practically meant by saying "use shaft", neither was I able to get the message by driving a mechanical manual gear-based engine .
D) Size of the Moving average adhesion filter: Länge vom gleitenden Durchschnitts-Adhäsionsfilter

#104 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

That´s good. Especially with the adhesion filter I simply had problems finding out which words belong together. My dictionary (online and "offline" (printed) didn´t yield any results...

The problem with the .pot files is, that most entries are missing specifications in which context they are used. Nearly everything has to be guesstimated, and be very generic, so it could fit almost any thinkable context...

I also found shaft = Welle, but that wouldn´t make any sense in the context of the sentence respectively the usage. Have never heard of the usage of some shaft in operating a locomotive (as a part of locomotive' internals, of course, I have heard the word before).

So, summing up, "Res" and "locked. Use shaft before changing gear." are still untranslatable for me...Please :)

Cheers, Markus

#105 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

You can leave them in english by the moment... when someone will switch on the light there, you can release an update to the .po file...

#106 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

Okay, I marked them as fuzzy.

During testing now I also noted, that some locations of strings offer to little space for some translations (in this case, German to fit in):
  • Testing Window: "Clear Sort" (of "Ordnung zurücksetzen" only about the half of the string fits in) and "Summary" ("Zusammenfassung") needed shortening to "Zus.fassung" (not sure, if understandable, marked it fuzzy)
  • Track Monitor: "Speed" ("Geschwindigkeit:" won´t fit in by the last three chars; shortened it to "Geschwindigk.:", which I find acceptable)
Some strings that (by what is translatable already) have not been translated yet, most noticeable quite a few "warning" in RunActivity.exe.

Third and last thing I´d like to mention is, that when copying the language .dlls to the Open Rails folder, the language selection menu did not offer "German" as an available language, though I set it for every .po file I did, and saved them all as "de.po" in their respective folders of locale before running the batch file. Selecting "System" language, however, gave me correct German translations.

Anyway, here you are the files, translated from the source code for X.2049. Have any translation been added since last week´s official X.2049 release?

Attached File  de.zip (24.02K)
Number of downloads: 159

EDIT: If there have been updates, how do I cope with them? Will I have to redo the whole translation?

Cheers, Markus

#107 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:30 AM

Hi Markus,

I will add the selectable German entry today evening (along with Spanish), and commit the German .po files as well. There were some new keywords added since 2049, for example the "warning", that you also found. You can download the new .pot files from SVN. You don't need to redo all your work, just update the catalog from the new .pot file. There is a menü for that in poedit, it will just add the new keywords to the existing ones.

For main menü window, the size of some buttons can be extended to make it appropriate for longer texts, if necessary. But I don't think it would be a good practice for in-game windows, like track monitor, because that should take as low space as possible, for disturbing the player less.

#108 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:35 AM

Hopefully I'll manage to make the new in-game UI resize to the text easily. ;)

#109 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:51 AM

For the track monitor, I don´t think it will be necessary to enlarge it just because "Geschwindigkeit:" won´t fit in. "Geschwindigk.:" should be equally understandable. FOr the other abbreviations I had to do, in the menu, however, I´m not so sure on their "understandability".

;) for the clarifications, Peter. :)

Cheers, Markus

#110 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:34 AM

I just found with Friday´s X release, that Englisch no longer is a separate option to be selected as ORTS' language. This is somewhat impractical when doing translations, as it now is quite hard to experiment and see, where a string is used, and how it is used in English.

Cheers, Markus

• 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users