OR Localization Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostSerana, on 23 February 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Same opinion here.

The batch file is more than enough... just don't use it at each compilation because it is a bit useless.

I would also separate the batch into two parts : POT generation (used when we the source code is changed), and translation DLLs generation (used when we changed the PO files).

Then it is not the same opinion as mine. :sign_sorry: It is a good thing to have everything integrated into one step. Two steps are a bit worse, but no problem, if many people want it. Three steps with two batch files are more than necessary. :)

#82 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

Well, same opinion about not having a second build system... :sign_sorry:

Edit : Forgot the "not" in my sentence. :)

#83 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

I've just committed X2052 with a tidy-up of the locations of the things currently localised in ORTS.pot; we now have ORTS.Content, ORTS.Menu and ORTS.Settings. I have also removed any unused POT files, but left the PO files in place so people can migrate their existing localisations more easily.

It still builds the POT and resource DLLs with each VS project but I'll try and adjust the batch file so it is instead a 1-click operation outside of VS.

Edit: Apparently I broke something, as the menu is failing. :sign_sorry: Let's see...

Edit: Okay, fixed in X2053.

#84 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

Loading X2049 (latest "official" X) I get this (just having it load, not even clicked inside the window).

Attached Image: lang.jpg

Selecting English instead of "system" as language settings and restarting ORTS resolves the problem. Obviously there are issues with defaulting to a language (English) if no language file for the system language exists...

EDIT: FOLLOW UP: Experimenting a little more, switching between the available languages randomly (yeah, I was nosey) and selecting "System" again gives me no problems after restarting the program... everything looks as it should, all text is there unlike in the above cap (note, I never changed anything than the languages. Having that activity selected from the last start of ORTS never gave me any problems, having tried it now in the four latest versions I have installed....)

Cheers, Markus

#85 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

I've tried to restructure and clean up everything in r2054, to follow the new structure. Could you all please take a look on it and see if everything still works fine?

#86 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:07 AM

FYI, I've configured Launchpad to understand our locale setup (i.e. that we don't translate on Launchpad but we have localisation files) so you can now see the current status of the translations on their status page. This lets you see the overall language summary (link above, click "View all languages"), the status of a single template and the status of a single language.

New locales and template files need to be approved by a project admin but otherwise I believe it'll keep itself up to date with what we're doing. Let me know if it's useful, or if there's any problems with the way it is set up.

Edit: Okay, so I'm not sure what Launchpad's visibility is doing but it seems everything is hidden when not logged in... I don't know what a project member (who isn't an admin) can see... maybe it's not going to be any use at all. :unsure:

#87 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

I've tidied up the localised files in to a standard structure (as recommended by Launchpad: have the POT files next to PO files), though please do let me know if this causes any problems. I have also removed the localisation updating from all project files and replaced it with a single batch file: Source\Locales\Update.bat. This will use the subdirectories of Source\Locales to know which modules/projects to localise and will scan and update the POT and PO files for all locales.

#88 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

Thank you James, it works perfectly. In fact the new location of POT files is the same as is expected by poedit too, previously I always had to click to go one dir up when needed to do an update from POT. So it seems fine too. The Launchpad integration is interesting. ;)

#89 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

View Poststrawberryfield, on 22 February 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

Carlo said exactly as you can make a translation.

But if you want to test it create in the Program directory a batch file like this:

..\Source\3rdPartyLibs\GNU.Gettext.Msgfmt.exe -l it -r Menu -d .\ -L GNU.Gettext.dll ..\Source\Locales\Menu\it.po
..\Source\3rdPartyLibs\GNU.Gettext.Msgfmt.exe -l it -r RunActivity -d .\ -L GNU.Gettext.dll ..\Source\Locales\RunActivity\it.po
..\Source\3rdPartyLibs\GNU.Gettext.Msgfmt.exe -l it -r ORTS -d .\ -L GNU.Gettext.dll ..\Source\Locales\ORTS\it.po

of course change all the occurences of 'it' with the iso code of your language.
Running this script you create the dlls for your language; leaving 'System' in the language selection all translated string will appear in the program. Then send the .po files to Peter :rotfl:

I translated the menu to German according to Carlo´s instructions. When trying to compile using your .bat file, trawberryfield, I get, however, some assembly-compilation error. I also noted, that my de-po file is 2 kB smaller than the others... What am I doing wrong?

Cheers, markus

#90 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

Hi,

What is the error ?
Can you send me your PO file ?

• 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »