Elvas Tower: Screenshots in Succession - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Screenshots in Succession Supress Control Conformation not working Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   SVRy_Steve 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

Even though "Suppress Control Confirmations" is selected in the options, the screenshot info appears after each screenshot. If one wants to take multiple shots in quick succession, this is very in the way!
Any chance of including it in the suppression?

Thanks,

Steve

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

I support this.

#3 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:39 AM

View PostSVRy_Steve, on 28 January 2014 - 07:28 PM, said:

Even though "Suppress Control Confirmations" is selected in the options, the screenshot info appears after each screenshot. If one wants to take multiple shots in quick succession, this is very in the way!
Any chance of including it in the suppression?

Have you tried taking multiple screenshots in succession? There is code in there to hide certain things when taking screenshots, which I believe hides them on each screenshot.

#4 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

Hi Steve,

View PostSVRy_Steve, on 28 January 2014 - 07:28 PM, said:

"Suppress Control Confirmations" is intended to hide messages confirming cab controls which would otherwise undermine the immersive experience we are working towards. Other messages (such as Screen Shot) are not intended to be hidden but that should not stop you from taking shots in quick succession.

If you want to do this, hold down the Print Screen key and OR will take screen shots just as rapidly as it can and acknowledge each one with a beep. However, I've just tried that out and it seems to be broken :-(

I must look at it again and see if I can restore this functionality.

#5 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:45 AM

View Postcjakeman, on 29 January 2014 - 03:20 AM, said:

If you want to do this, hold down the Print Screen key and OR will take screen shots just as rapidly as it can and acknowledge each one with a beep. However, I've just tried that out and it seems to be broken :-(

It wouldn't surprise me if this was from the re-homing I had to do to it when the new game state code was introduced. It was quite a tangled collection of code (and mostly still is). I believe it intends to hide all messages when taking a picture.

#6 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:49 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 29 January 2014 - 03:45 AM, said:

It wouldn't surprise me if this was from the re-homing I had to do to it when the new game state code was introduced.

Nor me, but glad you did it.

View PostJames Ross, on 29 January 2014 - 03:45 AM, said:

I believe it intends to hide all messages when taking a picture.

Don't recall it was quite that clever. You might even want a record of messages to illustrate a problem. But there was a beep as immediate feedback and then the message about "where" comes after the image has/images have been stored.

I was quite "chuffed" to get multiple screen shots working, but might have done it in a clumsy fashion.

I'll take a look.

#7 User is offline   Fred 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:27 AM

On a related topic. Every time I take a screenshot the simulation pauses for about a second, so I know that a screenshot is being taken. However, I don't find any pictures in my pictures directory. According to the user's manual I should find the pictures in C:\Users\<username>\Pictures\Open Rails\Open Rails <date and time>.png.

Can anyone help?http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/furiousPC.gif

#8 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:30 AM

View PostFred, on 29 January 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

On a related topic. Every time I take a screenshot the simulation pauses for about a second, so I know that a screenshot is being taken. However, I don't find any pictures in my pictures directory. According to the user's manual I should find the pictures in C:\Users\<username>\Pictures\Open Rails\Open Rails <date and time>.png.

Can anyone help?http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/furiousPC.gif

Does a message appear in Open Rails after you take a screenshot? If it does, it'll tell you exactly where it was saved. If it does not, you have something that bypasses Open Rails' screenshot function and we can't really help.

#9 User is offline   nicober 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:42 PM

Hi!

Sorry if I reopen this old post but the problem is always recurrent since a long time and appear only when your are in fullscreen mode. I've never done carefully because I'm all the time in Windowed mode but on a french forum, a friend brought this to my attention.

View PostJames Ross, on 29 January 2014 - 06:30 AM, said:

Does a message appear in Open Rails after you take a screenshot? If it does, it'll tell you exactly where it was saved. If it does not, you have something that bypasses Open Rails' screenshot function and we can't really help.

When you are in fullscreen window mode - No message appear, but the screen freeze for about one second and it's all. No image saved in the default folder created by OR.

In a earlier post you said:

View PostJames Ross, on 08 February 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

Are you running fullscreen? There is a known issue with fullscreen and the Print Screen key whereby something else is intercepting it and OR is not receiving it; try holding down a modifier key like Shift or Control at the same time and see if that works.

Following that I did a few tests:

- Windowed Mode:
- The capture works fine and same thing for the multiple screenshots in succession.

- Fullscreen Mode:
--- Print Screen - The capture freeze the screen and stay always in the PC memory
--- Crtl + Print Screen - Same thing
--- Alt + Print Screen - Same thing
--- Shift + Print Screen - A blank screen

To optain you screenshot you need to stop OR, must open a Paint Program and save it manually.
After you can return to your game at the same place you put a Pause. Of course the multiple screenshots in succession doesn't work in this condition.
The double modifier keys have no more effect on this.

In resumed:
In windowed mode everything works fine and in fullscreen mode, it seems that clipboard catch and stop the screen capture OR processus.

Voilà! This is my tests with X-2108 version.

#10 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:27 AM

Yeah, something else is intercepting the screenshot command in full-screen as I mentioned. Unfortunately, I think it is the graphics drivers usually so it's not something you can just fix. Instead, you can run Open Rails with "fast full-screen alt-tab" enabled which may well bypass the problematic drivers.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users