• You cannot reply to this topic

Bala V2.0 OR Compatible? Activity issue with AI trains Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:46 AM

roeter, on 18 January 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

• Length of trains will be taken into consideration in the process which works out where trains can pass.
    Passing is only possible if at least one train fits into the shortest available path.

Haven't you wanted to write the passing is only possible if at least one train fits into the longest available path?

#42 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

gpz, on 19 January 2014 - 03:46 AM, said:

Haven't you wanted to write the passing is only possible if at least one train fits into the longest available path?

No - because of the complexity of the logic which allocates trains to possible paths, there is no garantuee that the shortest train will be allocated to the longest path (which would be required if your rule applied). So, using the condition that at least one train must fit the shortest path is a saver approach (still not fully proof, though, depending on track layout, no. of loops and no. of trains - but then it gets really complicated).

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#43 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

It is interesting that you mention about the Player Train "overtaking" an AI train, in the Activity BNSF 7646 East by Bob Pickering, the Player train, which is a "Priority Train" of UPS Trailers, gets passed by an AI while the brakes are pumped up and another AI goes by in the opposite direction. Then the Player train overtakes the AI, then stopped at a red, and proceeds out onto the Main. Shortly after another AI goes past in the opposite direction. Trains all over the place!! A Foamer's paradise! At this point there are three consists all in the same Frame, moving! :)

This is the way all these activities should be written, kudos to Mr. Pickering!! :blink: :bad:

#44 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

GTADon, on 26 January 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

It is interesting that you mention about the Player Train "overtaking" an AI train, in the Activity BNSF 7646 East by Bob Pickering, the Player train, which is a "Priority Train" of UPS Trailers, gets passed by an AI while the brakes are pumped up and another AI goes by in the opposite direction. Then the Player train overtakes the AI, then stopped at a red, and proceeds out onto the Main. Shortly after another AI goes past in the opposite direction. Trains all over the place!! A Foamer's paradise! At this point there are three consists all in the same Frame, moving! :D

This is the way all these activities should be written, kudos to Mr. Pickering!! :) :D

Sounds like a great activity. The only problem is that it's in the horrible .apk format. I didn't know activity creators still used .apks. I've spent HOURS trying to fix the registry issues to no avail. Guess I'll just have to pass on these.

#45 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

There are some patches available that will do the fixing for you... I´ll see, if I still got the "installer" file of the one I used (which worked) and might send it to you, if you wish.

Cheers, Markus

EDIT: Found it, you got a PM, Metro4001

#46 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

Reguarding my last post, all the meets are "Run Past" meets, in that the trains are not waiting anywhere. This "waiting game" was mentioned previously as a possible issue and in Bala 2.0 the meets all seem to have a train wait somewhere along the line for the Player train to proceed, or conversely the Player train must wait for the AI to go through either on the "switched path" or on through on the Main.

This seems to be the only discernible difference in the way the Activities have been written.

Reguarding the "APK" system, I for one find it to be very reliable, and with the corrections to the installer works very well. I keep one master and then just copy it over to where I download the Activity Files and drag them to the "New" installer in that folder, and that copy stays there so that I can choose which ones to install and in what order. It always finds my MSTS folder then I run Route Riter to check the completeness of the consists then ConBuilder to check on loose consists further.

#47 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

markus_GE, on 27 January 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

There are some patches available that will do the fixing for you... I´ll see, if I still got the "installer" file of the one I used (which worked) and might send it to you, if you wish.Cheers, MarkusEDIT: Found it, you got a PM, Metro4001

GTADon, on 27 January 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

Reguarding my last post, all the meets are "Run Past" meets, in that the trains are not waiting anywhere. This "waiting game" was mentioned previously as a possible issue and in Bala 2.0 the meets all seem to have a train wait somewhere along the line for the Player train to proceed, or conversely the Player train must wait for the AI to go through either on the "switched path" or on through on the Main.This seems to be the only discernible difference in the way the Activities have been written. Reguarding the "APK" system, I for one find it to be very reliable, and with the corrections to the installer works very well. I keep one master and then just copy it over to where I download the Activity Files and drag them to the "New" installer in that folder, and that copy stays there so that I can choose which ones to install and in what order. It always finds my MSTS folder then I run Route Riter to check the completeness of the consists then ConBuilder to check on loose consists further.

Thanks gentlemen but I just went ahead and reinstalled. I made a copy of my old TS folder and just merged it with the new install in the proper place. Everything is dandy now. I tried every TSUnpack and Registry fix but it just wasn't working. I finally had to give in. I've unpackaged the activities now and customizing the consists to my liking.

#48 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

I have tried an experiment with Bala 1.5 in Open Rails and three of Bob Pickering's activities for that route. I utilized the Dispatch Viewer only once with VIA 2 to reroute to a siding for the second meet, after the AI passed and I got out to the Main, it was clear sailing and the rest of the meets went according to plan, so I did not have to use the viewer to manipulate anything.

The other two acts did not require any manipulation other changing one signal to green to get a Southbound freight AI moving. I am now going to go back to Bala 2.0 and see what I can do with the included acts.

It seems that once and if the first AND second AIs start moving everything else falls into place and it runs properly. This dispatch viewer allows you do that and keep an eye on the paths taken by all trains. Great job guys!!

#49 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:03 AM

Just a note to say that the mods suggested here by Roeter seem to work marvelously! I just completed Bala 2.0 Act M30131 Westbound Freight all the way to the end and all AIs in place and passed correctly. :furiousPC: :pardon: :bravo:

#50 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

I have been utilizing OR to experiment in some older Activities and Routes. I am currently running BNSF Scenic - Canadian Imports, in this act I am closely following an AI with opposing AIs as well, and so far everything is working as it should. I should get a signal to pass the AI immediately in front soon.

I wish I had tried Open Rails sooner!! These routes look so much better and that equates to more realism and fun! I really do not know why there is so much resistance to change, the fact that you can still run in MSTS if you want as well as OR on the same machine is great!

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users