• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Strange sound behavior in V1888 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

I haven't been able to fully test this, but I'm getting strange sound behavior in the latest release. What seems to trigger it is a switch to Camera View 4. Coming back to Camera view 2, the sound will sometimes fade away for the locomotives--sometimes all sound, sometimes just the horn or whistle. The effect is somewhat random, and only a save and reload of the activity will bring the sound back once lost. I tried several different locomotives (and routes) and all seem to exhibit the behavior, albeit randomly.

Is anyone else noticing this behavior?

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   dcarleton 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

View Postrailguy, on 14 December 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

I haven't been able to fully test this, but I'm getting strange sound behavior in the latest release. What seems to trigger it is a switch to Camera View 4. Coming back to Camera view 2, the sound will sometimes fade away for the locomotives--sometimes all sound, sometimes just the horn or whistle. The effect is somewhat random, and only a save and reload of the activity will bring the sound back once lost. I tried several different locomotives (and routes) and all seem to exhibit the behavior, albeit randomly.

Is anyone else noticing this behavior?

Thanks.

If you move the train back to where it was when the sound started to disappear, does the sound come back? The sound for the player locomotive is getting stuck in one place, and as you move away it sounds like the sounds are fading away but they're not moving. That's the problem. If you're working a yard putting a train together it's 'now you hear it, now you don't, now you hear it again'!

This issue has gone on for several releases. For additional background see: http://www.elvastowe...ounds-in-x1870/ This has been happening primarily since the improvements to the sound roll-off effect for trains receding into the distance.

#3 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

I hadn't noticed it in the other releases, but I suppose it could have been there. I hope the sound roll-off isn't the issue or can be fixed because it does work well for getting the sound right for passing trains.

#4 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

I have noticed the issue described in some past Releases. Returning to the cab and going outside again, however, often resolved the Problem (temporarily), as did changing to EOT view.

Cheers, Markus

#5 User is offline   PA1930 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:-

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

It happened to me and all I did was just entering on the cabview and drive the loco for a couple of meters (500 meters maybe) and the sounds were doing that on the cab and outside as well... they started to fade out in a weird way. Tested with X1889.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users