• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS Wish List - 2013-12 Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   SVRy_Steve 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

People have always been a problem in the sim, they cities and towns look empty. I've been fiddling with forest objects and am very impressed with the way ORTS renders them. All the same person does not work though. As some of you noticed, I did cows, elk and pronghorns, which work very well, although viewed in MSTS, they look pretty bad on the crucifix forms. Now, I'm wondering if a way could be made to display individual items in the same way?

Flat people would then look good all the time. Lots of 3d people is a tough thing to come up with and a resource hog. I'm sure there are other things that would work well with the "always facing you" type flat shape.

Steve

#42 User is offline   JorD1 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

I have an idea which might make multiplayer more fail proof.

Now the MP checks if route folder name is the same. Can't this be changed to the name of the trackdatabase or such a similair file.
I tent to rename folder addind an ISO countrycode infront. But I do not modify any files inside.

Cheer sJordi

#43 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 25 December 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

I've mentioned on other occasions the desirability of limiting Sprite Text to just what's needed for each activity instead of everything found on the displayed tiles. Here's an example of the problem that should be solved:

I had posted that same suggestion in the original wish list thread. I concur -- best approach. It might be advisable to have a switch to display only activity specific sprite text and also all (global sprite text).

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users