• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS Wish List - 2013-10 Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   SDCW 4300 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

Since this is a wish listhttp://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif, I would love to see the development of prototypical Hump Yard Operations. Either from the Hump Yard operator and/or the car view. The hard part I suspect would probably be in the braking of the individual car either by retarders or a brakeman, and the monitoring of the individual car speeds, if that is even possible.

Could this operation be possible during an actual multi-player session or would it have to be set up as an ‘activity’ with its own paths and parameters?

I don’t know the prototypical operations specifically, so what other processes would have to be considered to be able to achieve this?

I would imagine this idea would be down the line when they plan on getting into the dispatching, etc. in version 2.0+?

John T

#12 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

How about a chase cam that follows lines in the RDB?... :jawdrop2:

#13 User is online   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

View PostSDCW 4300, on 03 October 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

I would love to see the development of prototypical Hump Yard Operations.

What immediately comes to mind is a box with a big L on it and a large, red button that when pushed makes a very loud bzzzzt noise over at the hump.

:jawdrop2:

Sorry 'bout that... my mind is warped today.

#14 User is offline   cwvs 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS, OpenRails

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

Hello All!

I would like to add to the wish list the ability for AI or other train units with lights on to use a light glow like the player train. I think it would make nighttime meets more dramatic.

Bob :)

#15 User is offline   PA1930 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:-

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

I don't know if anyone mentioned this before but I will suggest it and put it here on the wish list...

Something I would like is that somehow, someway, that ORTS would recognize equivalent replacement rolling stock names on multiplayer. Because for example, I can't find any relation, for example when my friend has a freight wagon with the same or similar name to the ones I have, but since he uses a different folder name than me, ORTS will replace maybe his "CP Rlps" on my side to one "Golsdorf 380"... What I'm trying to explain is that I would like somehow, someway, that ORTS would be able to analyse through our folders, .eng and .wag files to see if there's any file with the most similar name to replace with the rolling stock that it can't be found from the other player. I don't know if this can be achieved but if it could, it would be great. ;)

#16 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

Just a little wish, really--and one that has been mentioned before: Please fix the smoke parameters in static consists so that the static locos don't appear to be running at full throttle when idling.

Aside from a few little things like that, OR is so far superior to the old MSTS insofar as train operations is concerned that there is little to fault with it. Along with everyone else (including the OR developers, I suspect), I wish for a way to build activities that will no longer rely on MSTS to do it.

And, of course, a wish expressed by many for dynamic weather that could change without player intervention during an activity, along with a larger selection of cloud, precipitation, etc.

All of which I'm sure will come eventually. In the meantime, kudos to the OR team for what they have already accomplished--plenty to enjoy with OR right now.

#17 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:40 AM

View Posteolesen, on 11 November 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

New item for when the editor comes about.... being able to support more than one CarSpawner.dat

On a route which covers a lot of territory, it's a little aggravating to have to endure the same vehicles on the interstate, on rural backroads, and city streets. It would be helpful if there was a way to give an index to a specific set of vehicles, and reference that on the individual car spawners. That way, I can have my city buses, school buses, and soccer mom vehicles in the city, trucks on the interstate, and farm trucks & other things on the back roads.

Different traffic patterns per time of day would also be usefull.
Roads tend to be a little more quite during the middle of the night, compared to the rush-hour.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#18 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

View Postroeter, on 11 November 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

Different traffic patterns per time of day would also be useful.
Roads tend to be a little more quite during the middle of the night, compared to the rush-hour.

Thanks to you both. I've added these to the wish list.

Look forward to getting a bit more realism for the road traffic.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users