• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS Wish List 2013-03 Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

I'm a steam breather through and through (I sometimes wonder if my heart is actually a firebox, with steam and steam oil for blood...)

"Lord thou hast made this world below the shadow of a dream, An' taught by time, I take it so, excepting always steam."
Kipling.

#12 Inactive_PM1225_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

View Postroeter, on 24 March 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

"Lord thou hast made this world below the shadow of a dream, An' taught by time, I take it so, excepting always steam."
Kipling.

That's pretty noble, but here in the ever practical midwest, our favorite quote is: "If you want to end up with a small fortune, start out with a steam locomotive and a large fortune".

#13 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

Since this is a wish list and OR has been truly doing a great job realism kicking in, I might as well put in a couple of things I wish to see implimented.

If possible, I would like to see an implmented improvement to realistic North American brake operations physics.

1. Can OR make engine RPM speed charge up Main Res pressure the faster the rpm is depending what throttle % and rpm is set to depending on engines in consist supplying the air as a team along with rear or mid engines in direction of air travel?

2. Can OR make a percentage (like the retainer %) for when cutting in air from the angle cock (air hose cut in) to supply air through a cut of cars a player train couples to since in real life when you cut it in too fast like 1-2 seconds early to %100 open, the train will go into emergency then charge from emergency unless it is slowly opened like 10 or more seconds to %100 open so they can equalize to set Train Brake percentage? Good example I have seen while running OR, is when I apply train brakes too fast or say too much reduction like a 15 pound reduction set less then 5 seconds, engines go into emergency in f5 hud display depending on length of train, but if I plan ahead and put a minimum pound reduction or no more then 10 psi within 5 seconds, the air is kicking in and equalizing slow with gentle air instead of rushing air used in emergency braken. Brake pipe charging rate option as if it were flow plays a part in this too.

3. With the option of putting the mouse in between coupled cars to uncouple cars, would it be possible for that option where mouse is set on car or engine will set or release in percentage of handbrakes? Would be nice since applying hand brakes does not apply them on everything when setting.

4. Broken couplers triggers train into emergency would be real nice.

5. Can OR make some cut in/out options for units alone with the cab/unit switching method like the turn on/off engine but by entering a unit setting their options ingame like Dynamic Brakes, light set up, traction power reduction in percentage set?

My shape wise wish list is would it be possible for OR to read multiple Freight Anim shapes (FA)?
My cab wise wish for other improvements and beyond matching MSTS such as display options still needen works on but wish is would it be possible to have cab zooming magnifying where it can possibly also be a way of adding when zoomed in a little be cab sway/head eye bouncing thing for are 2d cabs etc?

Thats all I wish to say for now if ever in the time it would be possible in no rush to the great developers putting their time in the development of this sim :)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users