• You cannot reply to this topic

F6 Display Intenisty Rate Topic: -----

#91 User is offline   jdgremsjr 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR, TS2016

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:35 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 30 November 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

OR has problems (not easy to get rid of) with station management within loops, so this could really be the cause of the troubles.

That is what I figured. If I release this activity, I'll just add a line in the readme about using the platform only mode when using station labels with the activity, as a workaround. I'm already adding restricted speed zones, location events, and stop signals at stations to solve some of the problems. I'll make it work even if it takes me forever which it has, I'm on month 3 just trying to make these two activities work properly.

#92 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:58 AM

View Postjdgremsjr, on 29 November 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

I am having a problem with station labels for some reason none are showing up. I'm currently building an activity for the old C&NW (Cascade & Northwestern), I turned on the label display but nothing is showing.

This should be working like this:

• Activity file (.act) has a PlatformStartID, e.g. 134
  • Track item table (.tit) has a PlatformItem with matching TrItemId
  • PlatformItem has a PlatformName, e.g. "Hitoyoshi 4"
  • Any station label with the same name is shown to the user

I currently can't see how we'd not display the right label, unless the game thinks you've already visited that station (upon departing the station is removed from the list used for the labels, thus the labels disappears). If you have an activity for an in-box or freely downloadable route that exhibits this problem, I'd definitely be interested as we may be mis-processing some data here. If not, you can manually follow the above steps to see if it gives you the right label (the one that appears when all platforms are shown), and I'd recommend checking for trailing spaces in the platform name.

#93 User is offline   jdgremsjr 

• Engineer

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:36 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 01 December 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

This should be working like this:

• Activity file (.act) has a PlatformStartID, e.g. 134
  • Track item table (.tit) has a PlatformItem with matching TrItemId
  • PlatformItem has a PlatformName, e.g. "Hitoyoshi 4"
  • Any station label with the same name is shown to the user

I currently can't see how we'd not display the right label, unless the game thinks you've already visited that station (upon departing the station is removed from the list used for the labels, thus the labels disappears). If you have an activity for an in-box or freely downloadable route that exhibits this problem, I'd definitely be interested as we may be mis-processing some data here. If not, you can manually follow the above steps to see if it gives you the right label (the one that appears when all platforms are shown), and I'd recommend checking for trailing spaces in the platform name.

It is displaying all the correct information other than the auto mode. If I use the Label only mode it works fine. It is also not showing the next station distance, on the F10 display either, so it may not be reading any station infomation. But it will allow me to stop and load passengers I think it is because a loop is created in the activity toward the end. Attached is a copy of the activity and the loop. The route is MSTS C&NW Route by Robert Reedy from trainsim.com files cnw0001.zip - cnw0008.zip. At first I didn't think it created a loop because it started on Nuggett South 1 and ended on Nuggett South 2, but after looking at it more closely it does join to create a loop for a few feet before the activity ends.

https://grems-family.com/john/pictures/nugget-local.png

https://grems-family.com/john/pictures/distance.png

#94 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:54 PM

View Postjdgremsjr, on 01 December 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

It is displaying all the correct information other than the auto mode. If I use the Label only mode it works fine. It is also not showing the next station distance, on the F10 display either, so it may not be reading any station infomation. But it will allow me to stop and load passengers I think it is because a loop is created in the activity toward the end.

Yeah, lack of distance there suggests something's not right with the tracking of station stops and it may be that the particular bit of the system the labels queries thinks you've already stopped there or can't possibly be stopping there, so doesn't include it.

Attached is a copy of the activity and the loop. The route is MSTS C&NW Route by Robert Reedy from trainsim.com files cnw0001.zip - cnw0008.zip. At first I didn't think it created a loop because it started on Nuggett South 1 and ended on Nuggett South 2, but after looking at it more closely it does join to create a loop for a few feet before the activity ends.

Thanks, I'll have a look at what's going on inside the code.

#95 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:08 PM

Attached is a copy of the activity and the loop. The route is MSTS C&NW Route by Robert Reedy from trainsim.com files cnw0001.zip - cnw0008.zip.

I've got the route but don't see your attached activity.

#96 User is offline   mbm_OR 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:20 PM

After studying the code, running this activity, I noticed that if we start and finish at the Nugget South station, giant loop, after the departure from the second station Nugget, the stationStops.Count, falls from 10 to 1 and the distance to next station is empty, in NextStationWindow.
If I modify the path and let Burkes # 1, as last activity station, all work correctly in “Automatic platform and siding labels visible.” mode.

I attach a patch as a workaround. It disables automatically "Automatic platform and siding labels visible." and change to "Platform and siding labels visible." mode when a loop was detected.
It's an attempt, until finding a solution.

Attached File  OSDLocations.cs.patch.txt (1.92K)
Number of downloads: 250

I created my test activity, from the "TimeTable" sent in post #84.

#97 User is offline   jdgremsjr 

• Engineer

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 01 December 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

I've got the route but don't see your attached activity.

Sorry, I attached the photo rather than the actual activity. Activity here.

No rolling stock list yet, I am still in the testing phase.

#98 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:23 PM

View Postmbm_OR, on 01 December 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

I attach a patch as a workaround. It disables automatically "Automatic platform and siding labels visible." and change to "Platform and siding labels visible." mode when a loop was detected.
It's an attempt, until finding a solution.

It doesn't seem to be detecting loops or anything in particular, except that there is only one station left for the player train. This will happen naturally after visiting all the earlier stops, so does not seem like a good solution.

#99 User is offline   mbm_OR 

• Fireman

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 01 December 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

It doesn't seem to be detecting loops or anything in particular...

Running my modified path, with the last stop station at Burkes #1, the stationStops.Count (OSDLocations.cs / var stationStops = Owner.Viewer.Simulator.PlayerLocomotive.Train.StationStops) still counting down for each new station stop, until the train reaches the last station Burkes #1 and then stationStops.Count value is 1.

#100 User is offline   mbm_OR 

• Fireman

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:56 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 01 December 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

so does not seem like a good solution.

You are right, my patch isn't a solution, but it help us to detect that it's something wrong.

Attached is a file with all stationStops.Count values for both path activities, Nugget South to Burkes #1 and Nugget South to Nugget South (giant loop).

Attached File  stationStops-Count-values.txt (413bytes)
Number of downloads: 264

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users