Elvas Tower: SJ T44 MSTS upgrade problem - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SJ T44 MSTS upgrade problem Upgrading the SJ T44 to Open Rails standards Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   BenDragon1337 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

Thank you for the advice, I will try that as soon as I get OR running again (HDD failed between the first and second posts, making me loose MSTS and OR, just waiting for stuff to progress before I reinstall them both).

When I do get round to testing it, I will reply to this thread.

Oh, and by the way, When you say "I do not have access to that locomotive", what do you mean by that?

At the top of the first post are references to the original loco in the form of a single link, similar to http://www.simulator...-freight-train/ (the ace files are duplicates of that).

As for the modified loco (which I am updating for personal use), I will not attach it until further testing begins and get conclusive results from it and/or if the original author disapproves this.

#12 User is offline   cwvs 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS, OpenRails

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

Simply that I do not have that unit in my inventory. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Bob :sorry:

#13 User is offline   BenDragon1337 

• Fireman

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

I wonder why? Can you give me any more detail about why not? Maybe you don't want to download and/or install it or you installed it in the wrong way so it will not appear in your inventory? It's got to be one of the 2 options, doesn't it?

#14 User is offline   BenDragon1337 

• Fireman

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

View Postcwvs, on 11 November 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

Hello All!

I have read where your ace file has two frames on the image. I do not have access to that locomotive, but maybe you could try the following to see if it works. Here is an example from another file:

TriState (
Type ( FRONT_HLIGHT TRI_STATE )
Position ( 577 247 62 81 )
Graphic ( "..\\..\\Dash9\\Cabview\\Lights.ace" )
NumFrames ( 3 3 1 )
Style ( NONE )
MouseControl ( 1 )
Orientation ( 0 )
DirIncrease ( 1 )
)

Try editing as follows:

MultiStateDisplay (
Type ( FRONT_HLIGHT MULTI_STATE_DISPLAY )
Position ( 577 247 62 81 )
Graphic ( "..\\..\\Dash9\\Cabview\\Lights.ace" )
States ( 2 2 1
State (
Style ( 0 )
SwitchVal ( 0 )
)
State (
Style ( 0 )
SwitchVal ( 1 )
)
)

)

See if that accomplishes what you want to do. Of course, make sure you back-up the original first.

Good luck!

Bob :)
well, I've bought my own version of MSTS (this gives me access to), installed open Rails and tried out the T44 by its self, and I discovered that the T44 now operates as the original author intended.

I guess I was a bit too late, thanks everyone for the help.

I did try what you suggested though and unfortunately it didn't work as successful as I had hoped, the first state was fine, the other two on the other hand wasn't so successful.

Apparently, it was actually a tri-state switch, for both the reverser and the headlight, I think the problem could have between the tool that I used to convert between the two.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users