Elvas Tower: Car Operation Window - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Car Operation Window Available by clicking on a car ID in the F9 window Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Matej Pacha 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Guys, I've expected less, but this is better - thank you for your comments. We will consider your suggestions in later releases. As I wrote, the form of car operation options will change, definitelly. And I'm glad you are testing this for bugs, because one cannot cover everything.

BTW, greetings from Poland now - Conference on Modern Electric Traction - http://ztu.ime.pw.ed...rencja-met-2013

#22 User is offline   JorD1 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

Nice feature, wouldn't a button for doors/mirrors be nice too. Then you have full control which wagons to open.
Is it an idea to also open this menu when you click a wagon/loco?

One thing I didn't like is you can't see which car you'r applying it too, maybe you should show the car UID in the window title?

Edit, I dived into the code and made an button to control doors per car, works perfectly. My first OR source edit. ;)
(Still have to split it per side, but is this correct code?:
        void buttonDoors_Click(Control arg1, Point arg2)
        {
            var Receiver = (Viewer.PlayerTrain.Cars[CarPosition] as MSTSWagon);
            Receiver.ToggleDoorsRight();
            Receiver.ToggleDoorsLeft();
            Viewer.Simulator.Confirmer.Information("Doors changed");
            Visible = false;
        }

#23 User is offline   JLChauvin 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

Very nice feature!

I have some suggestions:

Locomotive operation window:
- Gear: Passenger/Freight,
- Brake: Hight Power/Passenger/Freight,
- EP Brake: On/Off,

Car/wagon operation window:
- Brake: Empty/Loaded, Hight Power/Passenger/Freight,
- EP Brake: On/Off,
- Electromagnetic brake: On/Off,

This is a non exhaustive list and all the options are not to be implemented on all vehicles (user definite) ...

#24 User is offline   cwvs 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS, OpenRails

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

Speaking of brakes, maybe this would be a place to put a brake retaining valve? Just an idea.

Bob :oldstry:

#25 User is offline   Matej Pacha 

• Engineer

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

View PostJorD1, on 21 October 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

Nice feature, wouldn't a button for doors/mirrors be nice too. Then you have full control which wagons to open.
Is it an idea to also open this menu when you click a wagon/loco?

One thing I didn't like is you can't see which car you'r applying it too, maybe you should show the car UID in the window title?

Thank you for the contribution, I'll try to put it in. The feature is very simple now, but I believe someone will take this feature and make it graphical somehow. The car ID is something I'm not able to implement now, but I know it is more than needed.

View PostJLChauvin, on 25 October 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

Very nice feature!

I have some suggestions:

- Gear: Passenger/Freight, - I don't know exactly what you mean.
- Brake: Hight Power/Passenger/Freight, - definitelly will be presented. We need to implement such feature in the brakes code first.
- EP Brake: On/Off, - same as above, but easier to do.

Car/wagon operation window:
- Brake: Empty/Loaded, Hight Power/Passenger/Freight, - same as locomotives
- EP Brake: On/Off, - same as locomotives
- Electromagnetic brake: On/Off, - there is no EM brake yet, but good point anyway.

I'm still giving you some space for your ideas to support our development...

Mtej

#26 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

View PostMatej Pacha, on 27 October 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

- Gear: Passenger/Freight, - I don't know exactly what you mean.

I think he meant that some diesel locomotives, that otherwise don't use "conventional" gearbox for travelling, have two gears, that can only be switched at standstill: passenger/freight or shunting/line.

#27 User is offline   JLChauvin 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

Yes, not only some diesel locomotives but some electric locomotives have/had the two gear feature only switchable at standing, some French locomotives as an example:

Multi-purpose locomotive, BB 8500/BB 17000/BB 25500: http://en.wikipedia....F_Class_BB_8500 / http://en.wikipedia...._Class_BB_17000 / http://en.wikipedia...._Class_BB_25500
Multipurpose/Hight speed locomotive, Queens of the hight speed before TGV era CC6500/CC21000: http://en.wikipedia...._Class_CC_6500.

I will be happy to help you on the brake part, if you need. Do you remember the document I uploaded here a long time ago? http://www.elvastowe...dpost__p__46550

Friendly,
Jean-Louis

#28 User is offline   PA1930 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:-

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

I think I know exacly what he means, as we have (had...) a french-style electric locomotive in Portugal.
By the gears, he actually means about a feature these locomotives have that you can change their "gear" into "Slow Speed" and "High Speed" (Portuguese: PV - Pequena Velocidade - GV - Grande Velocidade) which was used to be able to change this to altenate the locomotive to pull heavier loads (freight trains) at a slower speed limit but with bigger force, and to change it to the higher speed to pull passenger trains with with less power available. It is sort of a gear the locomotives have, and it can only be changed at stand-still. Here in Portugal if I am not mistaken this could only be changed on the workshops but that's just an extra detail related to the real life operations here...
Currently we sort of simulate this with the Portuguese CP 2600/2620 pack but one locomotive is configured on the *.eng file to have more force and a slower speed while others are configured on the *.eng to have a "smaller" force but higher speed as I explained... :pleasantry:

Here is a picture from Railfaneurope.net from a cab of the french diesel-electric locomotive SNCF CC72000 where it says an info about these gears:

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/fr/diesel/72000/cab/72189cab1.jpg

This would be nice if it could be implemented, but it would also imply to introduce new parameters to the *.eng file to be able to switch between these "gears", so I don't know at what point that can be done, at least so soon.

Cheers,

Pedro

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users