• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Activity fail - Surfliner 2 - HT_Amtrak_14 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:13 AM

This activity fails with an error message and a blank window. the error message is:

Error: System.ArithmeticException: Function does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.
at System.Math.Sign(Single value)
at ORTS.Traveller.Move(Single distanceToGo)
at ORTS.Train.CalculatePositionOfCars(Single distance)
at ORTS.Train.physicsUpdate(Single elapsedClockSeconds)
at ORTS.Train.Update(Single elapsedClockSeconds)
at ORTS.AITrain.AIUpdate(Single elapsedClockSeconds, Double clockTime, Boolean preUpdate)
at ORTS.AI.AIUpdate(Single elapsedClockSeconds, Boolean preUpdate)
at ORTS.AI.Update(Single elapsedClockSeconds)
at ORTS.Simulator.Update(Single elapsedClockSeconds)
at ORTS.Viewer3D.Update(Single elapsedRealTime, RenderFrame frame)
at ORTS.UpdaterProcess.Update()
at ORTS.UpdaterProcess.DoUpdate()
at ORTS.UpdaterProcess.UpdaterThread()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

This is the second time I have had this error with this activity. The first time was after an AI had passed me, this time the AI is somewhere ahead of me. Any thoughts as to the cause?.

#2 User is online   R H Steele 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

Which activity pack contains HT_Amtrak_14 (on train sim.com) ....ht_coaster_pack.zip? I'd like to try it and see if I encounter the same thing, Cheers rhs

#3 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

The file is called surf_pack.zip. It has 21 activities. If you do try it, the fail comes some time after leaving the last stop before San Luis Obispo with about two and a half hours to go.

#4 User is online   R H Steele 

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

copperpen, on 16 August 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

The file is called surf_pack.zip. It has 21 activities. If you do try it, the fail comes some time after leaving the last stop before San Luis Obispo with about two and a half hours to go.

Just got back to computer today, thanks for the zip name, will download and try. Will post back here. rhs

#5 User is online   R H Steele 

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Ran the activity using OR Vx1705, had all the loose consists, sub some of the Amtrak stock just to get going.... Everything ran fine until just outside of Santa Barbara, got a blank screen, activity sound kept running. Stopped act and resumed from last save...about 1/4 mi before blank screen. Now 10minutes past Santa Barabara at milepost 359 and nothing happened yet ... all is running fine. This blank screen has happened to me before on other routes. I just pick the last resume before and reload and the activity runs fine. Puzzling....! . Another curious warning message I keep getting upon resuming is "Warning Save.....date time of save,etc....found from a route with an unexpected name Surfliner2." Does not seem to affect the ability to resume from a chosen point though. I am going back to the save at Santa Barbara station and turn on logging and try to get the error again. (Yup -- dummy me forgot the logging first time through). rhs

#6 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / MSTS

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

The message "Warning Save.....date time of save,etc....found from a route with an unexpected name Surfliner2." is caused by extra spaces after the name "Surfliner 2" in the Surfliner 2 .trk file, and the way that ORTS processes this string internally. I have reported it as a bug, and it is being handled.
It does not hurt anything that I can see.

To get rid of it now, you can edit the file Surfliner2.trk, and delete the spaces after the "2" in the line:
Name ( "Surfliner 2 ")
Note that this might invalidate some earlier saves. Make sure that you use an editor that processes MSTS text files correctly (e.g. Wordpad, etc.)

Sid P.

#7 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

Does that "error" include scenery simply disappearing alltogether (or sometimes just single tiles), or is it really a Screen going blank all at once? If it´s the first I have myself encountered it numerous times in X1716 / 1717 on Bob Wirth´s "Peavine" ATSF Phoenix Sub. Yet, RHS´s solution also works for me.

Cheers, Markus

#8 User is online   R H Steele 

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

First things first --- got the blank screen again and this time it was logged (attached). My best guess ... is no guess at all. The log mentions an AI after the main error line ... "Error: System.ArithmeticException: Function does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values". Which does duplicate the original post error. Thing is, I stopped, resumed, and activity runs as if nothing is wrong. It appears if I choose a save/resume a distance after the error or just near the point of error the route activity reloads and runs fine. Given my experience I don't know if it's the route or the acitivity or a combination that is causing the error. With all the warnings that are logged with any route I'm amazed any of them run at all. I'll attribute that to the fine OR development team and their coding magic.

Second, thanks SidP... I'll change that after I keep working on this... don't want to lose the saves now. I have used the export function and it works, but I expect by changing the .trk file and then trying to import the saves would not work because the route trk file is different.

Yes Markus_GE the screen simply goes blank.. sort of a nice silvery/white color, nothing incremental about it. Activity sound keeps running... I've waited for quite a few minutes and nothing happens. Alt-F4 brings up the load/cmd box, stop, restart, pick the last save and resume. Always seems to get past it. Be interested in finding out what is going on.

Cheers, rhs

Attached File(s)

#9 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:28 AM

Then we´re probably talking about one and a half bugs... I get that (pic in linked thread), sometimes - but not always with sudden freezes, while sounds do continue...

http://www.elvastowe...attach_id=44470

Maybe These two are linked somehow?

Yours, Markus

#10 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

Thanks for looking at it. I will try again from a save after Santa Barbara. At least I now know it is not unique to me or my system.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users