Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mallets in OR How to switch to the rear engine Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   billmoyer 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

So, I've run Derek's amazing Mallets in MSTS and don't have any problem switching to the rear engine. Question is, how do you do that in OR? I tried Control E but that didn't seem to be the answer. I was parked, in neutral, with the train brake on when I tried to make the switch, but the only change I noticed was in the exhaust. No matter what I had the engine doing, the exhaust was at the "simmer" state.

I know you can switch engines in OR but I'm guessing that doesn't apply to Mallets. Is this ability on the "to do" list or has this O.F. just not figured it out?

Bill

#2 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:28 AM

Hi Bill,

View Postbillmoyer, on 02 August 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

I know you can switch engines in OR but I'm guessing that doesn't apply to Mallets. Is this ability on the "to do" list or has this O.F. just not figured it out?

I haven't seen it on any "to do" list, so please raise a bug report in the usual way. Please let us know too where these Mallets can be downloaded from.

Thanks,

#3 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

The cab change does work on the Mallets. If you observe the top cab window on the 2-6-6-2s there is a change when you move from the front engine to the rear engine. The "simmer" type of steam/smoke coming from the stack affects all steamers in OR because as far as I am aware they do not yet have the same ability as MSTS in showing the different style of smoke/steam when moving. They currently seem to be using the diesel style of exhaust. If you play about with the StackFX figures in the eng file you can get a wider fluffier type of exhaust FX but using the throttle will still have no effect on how it is displayed.

While on the subject of steam physics, currently you have to use large amounts of reverser and throttle just to get moving. I can understand that would be so for an engine starting a heavy train, but not for a light engine move. Right now it is as if an engine had several hundred tons on the drawbar when no train is present. When the light engine is moving you can in fact wind the reverser and throttle back to more realistic settings, it is just the starting that is so unreal.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users