• You cannot reply to this topic

Marias Pass default Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Hoghead27 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

Thanks, Sid. Worked like a charm.
There is quite a difference in the operation of this act between OR and MSTS. In MSTS I can get up to 20mph very quickly but in OR it takes forever to get up to 20mph. Too much wheel slip.
Also, The weather is clear in MSTS whereas in OR its very foggy.

#12 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / MSTS

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

Hi Earl,
Thanks for the update.
I also noticed that MSTS starts with the train starting to coast down the hill, while ORTS starts stationary ( I understand that is the current operation mode of ORTS. ), and starts coasting when the brakes are released. Your message suggests that you are having trouble getting started - are your brakes fully released ? Check your BC value. I get wheelslip - it is strange, too - it might be caused by the loco not being able to hold the train from coasting down the hill. Maybe we should report it as a bug. It certainly takes a lot of braking to get control (so does the MSTS version.)
The arrival time of the AI train is much sooner in ORTS, too. I didn't modify any of the traffic parameters for ORTS; I just changed the starting location of the player train.

Sid P.

#13 User is offline   Hoghead27 

• Apprentice

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:21 AM

Sid,
I changed something in my routes so I had to reinstall your three files into the default USA2 and now my train is back on the left track again. And I didn't get the modified display according to your readme file. I always have a problem when I'm instructed to unzip a file. I just double left click on the zip and I get your readme and the Routes folder. Then I double click on Routes and get USA2. I then double click on USA2 and get the acts,path and services folders. I then double click on each of these 3 folders and copy and paste each file into the respective folder. What is the right way I should have unzipped your file? Many thanks for your help.

Earl

#14 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

Earl-
What you did should have worked. (Although I intended that users open the file in Winzip, and if you have a recent version, to drag the folder "ROUTES" into the MSTS window where the Routes folder appears - it will merge the files.)
Check that you have each of the three files in their respective folders. If this is an update, make sure that the older files have been replaced.
An alternative method is just to unzip the .zip into any temporary folder - that will create a folder called "Routes", a subfolder "USA2" and three subfolders "Activities", "Paths" and "Services" with one file in each. Then copy or drag/copy each of the files from its subfolder to the matching folder in your MSTS installation.
Check that your files ended up in the "USA2" route in the correct subfolders.
Does the modified activity show up in your activity list with "Auto Train with Set-Out Modified(v2)" in the title? The original activity will also be there without the "Modified(v2)" string.

Sid P.

#15 User is offline   Hoghead27 

• Apprentice

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

Sid,
Sorry. I never thought of looking for a modified act which I do have and it works OK. Dumb me. That's what happens when you are older than dirt. :bravo: Thanks, Sid.

#16 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

Earl-
You're welcome.
It's the first time that I have uploaded anything to a rail simulator site, so I wasn't sure that I finally posted it right!

Sid P.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users