• You cannot reply to this topic

OR not going full screen x1600 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

I have not experineced this before with OR, and there´s also a Slim possibility this is related to some Windows things, maybe anone can tell me...

OR since using x.1600 does on my Setup not use the full Screen anymore, but instead opens as Kind of a window filling the Screen but leaving the Task bar visible over ist window´s top edge (I´m usually having the Task bar on the top of the screen).

Is this related to OR or to Windows? And also, is has the key-combination to switch between windowed and full screen mode gone on vacation, or wher is it? :goodnight:

Cheers, Markus

PS: ;) yet another question: What´s hte "replay from..." function for? And what does "puase this many seconds..." do?

#2 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

View Postmarkus_GE, on 16 May 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

PS: ;) yet another question: What´s the "replay from..." function for? And what does "pause this many seconds..." do?

To quote from page 27 of the current manual, "As well as resuming from a Save, you can also replay it just like a video."

The intention is to repeat operations as often as necessary for testing and tutorials.

"Pause this many seconds before end" stops the replay just before the end of the recording. If you spot a problem with OR, press F2 to save the simulation, export it and upload it to the Bug Tracker. Then we can replay it (might take a while) and it will stop just before the problem occurs. Ideal for testing.

Hope that's clear,

#3 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Ah, interesting and clever feature! I think, I also got my own use for it: testing activities. ;)

#4 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

View Postmarkus_GE, on 16 May 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

I have not experineced this before with OR, and there´s also a Slim possibility this is related to some Windows things, maybe anone can tell me...

OR since using x.1600 does on my Setup not use the full Screen anymore, but instead opens as Kind of a window filling the Screen but leaving the Task bar visible over ist window´s top edge (I´m usually having the Task bar on the top of the screen).

Is this related to OR or to Windows? And also, is has the key-combination to switch between windowed and full screen mode gone on vacation, or wher is it? ;)

Cheers, Markus

A far as I can gather OR no longer takes any notice of "Fullscreen" in the registry, Note, it either does not take any notice or it resets it to "false" on startup as setting it again to "true" has no effect and it sets back to "false". Which is a flaming pain :goodnight:.

Lindsay

#5 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

I have tried this already, but nothing happened, else than messing up my OR registry...

#6 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostLindsayts, on 16 May 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

A far as I can gather OR no longer takes any notice of "Fullscreen" in the registry, Note, it either does not take any notice or it resets it to "false" on startup as setting it again to "true" has no effect and it sets back to "false". Which is a flaming pain :clapping:.

It does use this registry entry, however, as long as you have OR open (either in the menu or in game), changes made to the settings in the registry will be overwritten (when the game returns to the menu, to start a new game from the menu, or you close the menu). Sorry about that, but there is a tickbox in the menu for this option. :)

#7 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

Actually I have it ticked, nevertheless, I don´t get full screen...

#8 User is online   copperpen 

• Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

Under the Options button on the menu screen there is a tickbox for windowed mode. Untick and it runs full screen, at least it does for me in x-1600, x-1603 and x-1605.

#9 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

I could already "resolve" the Problem - actually I don´t know what the culprit was about, but just today, everything went and still goes as it should. As for the Checkbox, I had all the time set it.

My guess to this whole Thing is, that some Windows updates my computer recently did automatically messed up anything, as I also experienced similar Problems with other programs, such as pPowerPoint´s presentation mode...

Nevertheless, thanks for your help :)

#10 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

View Postmarkus_GE, on 18 May 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

My guess to this whole Thing is, that some Windows updates my computer recently did automatically messed up anything, as I also experienced similar Problems with other programs, such as pPowerPoint´s presentation mode...

Mm, probably not anything OR could do much about then. Glad it's working again though!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users