• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Standalone OR and BIN What is the working relationship? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   ckawahara 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

I have an update to my issue of OR folders and not seeing and rollingstock.

Using the default OR menu there is no rollingstock. Switching to the alternate style menu, the rollingstock does appear to be seen.

OR does start, but there are no track shapes.

Getting closer.

Craig

New Edit: I have tracks. I did not copy the correct Global folder the first time around. The default OR window still does not show rollingstock.

#12 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

Please post a screenshot of your directory structure, expanded so we can see all the whole folder tree (well, crop it so we don't see every folder in \trainsets, just a couple will do).

#13 User is offline   ckawahara 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

Genma Saotome, on 24 March 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

Please post a screenshot of your directory structure, expanded so we can see all the whole folder tree (well, crop it so we don't see every folder in \trainsets, just a couple will do).

My Open Rails folder structure.

#14 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

IIRC "Add on Content" is one folder, both "Global Shapes" and "Scale Rail" folders are not needed... any .s & .sd files contained therein should be moved into "Shapes" (basically you want to follow the same tree structure as MSTS but there are lots of MSTS folders that can be omitted).

Seeing the one route is Goose Island (where now have I heard of that route? Hmmm....), if you look in \routes\goose island\services you should find 4 files. Within each is one line that names a consist file. The same consist file should be found in \consists. Are they there? Is the specified locomotive on each .con file found in \Trainset?

Last question: When you launch Open Rails, what is the version number (shown upper left corner)?

FWIW you should be able to drop into \routes the WP 3rd sub route from 3dtrains. It'll take some effort to locate the right consists and \trainset files but once you get them all (AFAIK) it should work as an OR "only" route.

#15 User is offline   ckawahara 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Hi Dave.

To answer one question, the OR version is 0.8.8.1251

I was trying to retain the MSTS structure, so that is why shapes has the individual sub-folders.

Regarding the four services files, yes I have four.

The .CON files though, I think I have only two, the ones that start with "GI_".

The engine files, I think I have three, did not check for the cars.

Craig

Genma Saotome, on 24 March 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

IIRC "Add on Content" is one folder, both "Global Shapes" and "Scale Rail" folders are not needed... any .s & .sd files contained therein should be moved into "Shapes" (basically you want to follow the same tree structure as MSTS but there are lots of MSTS folders that can be omitted).

Seeing the one route is Goose Island (where now have I heard of that route? Hmmm....), if you look in \routes\goose island\services you should find 4 files. Within each is one line that names a consist file. The same consist file should be found in \consists. Are they there? Is the specified locomotive on each .con file found in \Trainset?

Last question: When you launch Open Rails, what is the version number (shown upper left corner)?

FWIW you should be able to drop into \routes the WP 3rd sub route from 3dtrains. It'll take some effort to locate the right consists and \trainset files but once you get them all (AFAIK) it should work as an OR "only" route.

#16 Inactive_PM1225_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

ckawahara, on 24 March 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

Thanks PM1225.

This is how I have my OR data folder...after a failed first attemp, I used the post you have the link to as a guide. (See attached image of my folder structure).

OR sees the route, but not anything else. No trains or cars.

OR.jpg

Craig

Hmm, OK - this is probably something so simple that it will embarrass both of us in the end. When you did the "Add..." in the OR menu, did you point it at your new OR_data folder? You can't point it at the OR_data/Routes folder, OR won't see the rest of the info it needs. Also, IIRC, you need at least one activity in each route for things to function correctly.

Here's the way OR sees my data after "adding" a path to OR_data.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: path1.jpg

#17 User is offline   ckawahara 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hi Fred.

Thanks for the visual.

Just to be sure, I deleted the existing folder, and did an add new..

This is my OR screen. The route is there, seems that the activities are there, but not that no engines are there.

I could not capture a pic of the empty list when the select locomotive window would have been. I can see the consists but when I select on, the engine displays "Unknown" or something like that.

When I switch menu styles, this is what I get

Selecting from here lets me run the activity or explore the route.

So for the moment, the alternate menu is ok as I haven't a clue what is actually going on.

Craig

#18 Inactive_PM1225_*

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

I see in your 2nd included graphic your selected folder is "MSTS folder". I don't understand that - I would think that it would be "OR_data" folder. I believe you are using Win XP, are you not? I'm using Win 7 Pro 64 bit, which would explain the minor differences between your graphics and mine.

Anyways, here's what mine looks like using the fancy menu. Note that in mine, upper left corner, it is pointing to "openrails_data".

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: path3.jpg

#19 User is offline   ckawahara 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

PM1225, on 24 March 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

I see in your 2nd included graphic your selected folder is "MSTS folder". I don't understand that - I would think that it would be "OR_data" folder. I believe you are using Win XP, are you not? I'm using Win 7 Pro 64 bit, which would explain the minor differences between your graphics and mine.

Anyways, here's what mine looks like using the fancy menu. Note that in mine, upper left corner, it is pointing to "openrails_data".

When I added the folder OR_Data, the default name that opens up was MSTSFolder. I just accepted it. I believe the first time I added the OR_Data folder, I gave it another name. That dis not add the engines. I'll goof about some more.

#20 Inactive_PM1225_*

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

ckawahara, on 24 March 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

When I added the folder OR_Data, the default name that opens up was MSTSFolder. I just accepted it. I believe the first time I added the OR_Data folder, I gave it another name. That dis not add the engines. I'll goof about some more.

Well, don't just accept it. Click the little "down" arrow to the right of the select folder box and pick the openrails data folder. I kinda think this is where the problem is.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users