Elvas Tower: Two smoke plumes, one engine - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Two smoke plumes, one engine Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_PM1225_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Here's a minor aggravation that I'd like to fix, just don't quite know how. Running OR, Ver. X1492. Silverton narrow gauge route and Captain Bazza's K27-454_train 461. Everything works great once I sorted out some sound file problems, but the loco has TWO smoke plumes. I think it has something to do with the .eng file and the way it is set up with no tender, then has a second "dummy" engine as a tender (or something).

Anyone know of an easy way to fix this?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Open Rails 2013-03-19 06-19-21 (Medium).png

#2 User is offline   jared2982 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS, TS2017, OR

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

You are correct it has to do with with the tender having an .eng file instead of a .wag. Removing engine section from the file and renaming it to .wag worked for me. Back up original first.

#3 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

OR now has it's own version of ((BM)). The only way to impliment ((BM)) prior to that was to make the 'tender' an 'engine' (for technical reasons to get the animation to work on a wagon/tender).

Cheers ((Bazza)) :D

#4 Inactive_PM1225_*

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

View Postjared2982, on 19 March 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

You are correct it has to do with with the tender having an .eng file instead of a .wag. Removing engine section from the file and renaming it to .wag worked for me. Back up original first.

Did as you said, and that fixed the problem (once I remembered I had to change the description in the .con file also). Many thanks.

#5 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

You should only get smoke plumes from StackFX in the effects section of the engine; try taking that out of the engine file used for the tender. OR ought to be completely happy with no StackFX.

#6 Inactive_PM1225_*

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 21 March 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

You should only get smoke plumes from StackFX in the effects section of the engine; try taking that out of the engine file used for the tender. OR ought to be completely happy with no StackFX.

Hmm. I thought of that, but chickened out at the last minute. I will try your method this weekend. Right now, I'm happy with the "make it a .wag instead of an .eng folder. Thanks.

#7 Inactive_PM1225_*

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 21 March 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

James, I had a few minutes to check this method out. It works fine. No smoke from the tender AND the BazzaMotion feature works now on the tender. I'm sure that a few other people will be googling this subject and now they can find the answer here. Thanks to all for your input.

#8 User is offline   spud 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

Am I correct in assuming that you can just place two (//) at the start of the StackFX statement to eliminate the double smoke plume? I am NOT a ConTEXT guru in any sense of the word so I ask questions instead of using the "Star Trek approach" (to BOLDLY go where no man has gone before)!
:sign_thanks:
:wheelchair:

#9 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

Ah smoke has come to Open Rails? good on you all. thanks. I will have to see if my custom Smoke ACE that creates more realistic smoke will work ...gonna give it a try shortly.

#10 User is offline   flobert 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails / TS2021

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

I don't know, if this method is correct, but I changed the tenders .eng file from:

StackFX
(
0 4.475 3.842
0 0.9 0
)

to:

StackFX
(
0 4.475 3.842
0 0.9 0
)

This is the result:

Attached Image: Chama8.jpg

I think I reduced the width of the nozzle / plume to 0. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't have any experience with those changes.

greetings,

Florian

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users