CTRL+E not working? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   PA1930 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:-

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

View Postcjakeman, on 17 December 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

Brakes should make no difference.

The Reverse Cabs feature is not available yet and any rv.cvf files are currently ignored by OR. I'm working on providing that right now and it looks promising.

However, you should be able to cycle round the forward-facing cabs in your consist using the current version of OR. I've downloaded the two locos and will try them out later this week.

Alright, Chris! I will be looking forward to hear some more feedback from you about the reverse cabs feature, as well as for the loco testing! :rotfl:

Though I do question myself why does it still has that problem with the blocked controls... Though I must say something else, since I have read before about this problem that has been questioned on the forum before. I noticed that, even though I couldn't move any controls, if could go back to the other cab I started the simulation and that one would work okay as it should. I think I have read something that it wouldn't let you to do anything else after changing the cabs, not even change back the rear one again or not even move the other loco's controls.

#12 User is offline   PA1930 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

Hello everyone!
Thanks for all your help. I have just downloaded OR X.1370 and everything works fine! :jawdrop2:
Used the same consist on the same route I was having problems with and all worked as it should. I changed between locos and could drive the other one. I tested also the loco flipping(since the changing cabs option isn't still available!) that it seamed to me it wasn't working before but now everything works fine. :pleasantry:

Happy holidays everyone! :scare2:

#13 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

View PostPA1930, on 23 December 2012 - 04:48 AM, said:

Thanks for all your help. I have just downloaded OR X.1370 and everything works fine! :pleasantry:

That's good to hear.

The ability to use Reverse Cabs is still in development but looking good. I'm just tying up some loose ends.

The test case I'm using has a Class 86 which is basically an electric powered carriage with cabs at both ends. I've assembled a rake of 3 vehicles:

(Ab]:(Cd]:[eF)

Pressing Ctrl+E repeatedly will cycle through A -> C -> e -> F -> d -> b -> A

Hope that makes sense.

#14 User is offline   PA1930 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

View Postcjakeman, on 23 December 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

That's good to hear.

The ability to use Reverse Cabs is still in development but looking good. I'm just tying up some loose ends.

The test case I'm using has a Class 86 which is basically an electric powered carriage with cabs at both ends. I've assembled a rake of 3 vehicles:

(Ab]:(Cd]:[eF)

Pressing Ctrl+E repeatedly will cycle through A -> C -> e -> F -> d -> b -> A

Hope that makes sense.

That sounds really good indeed! Looking forward to try that!

#15 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostPA1930, on 24 December 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

That sounds really good indeed! Looking forward to try that!

Just been committed as v1374, so Happy Christmas Eve and please give it a test drive.

#16 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

View Postcjakeman, on 24 December 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

Just been committed as v1374, so Happy Christmas Eve and please give it a test drive.

Nice to read this, another of the gaps remaining towards MSTS is closed! (And of course there are already many plus points of ORTS towards MSTS).

#17 User is offline   PA1930 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

Alright, so I hope that anyone will see this as I will still use this topic for reporting some new stuff, probably a bug.

I just tested the latest experimental version and it looks really nice so far, but the cab change has its strange problems and it gets a bit strange but I will try to explain...

Using the same consist of always, a top and tail of loco and 3 passenger cars, I have noticed that when I change the cabs to the rear loco, it works fine when you're in the "first view of the cab", but when you switch to the back cab of that loco on the rear, the reverser works in opposite and lights aren't pointing to the driving direction as well. It happens that if you put the reverser to forward, the loco will run backwards as it would run forwards to the "first cab", and the lights only light up on the side of the "first cab".

So taking that scheme that Cjakeman made, my consist should look like this: (Ad]:3 Passenger cars:[cB).
When you change cabs, it works like that: A->B->c->d. Now, this looks all nice but the problem is that when you are on views c and d, the controls work as I described there. Assuming that the loco flipping has been disabled with this new feature, I would enjoy to have a fix on this as soon as possible! ;)

Hopefully I made myself clear when explaining the problem!

#18 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Hi Pedro,

View PostPA1930, on 06 January 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

Alright, so I hope that anyone will see this as I will still use this topic for reporting some new stuff, probably a bug.

Still reading - it comes up when I click on View New Content.

View PostPA1930, on 06 January 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

Using the same consist of always, a top and tail of loco and 3 passenger cars, I have noticed that when I change the cabs to the rear loco, it works fine when you're in the "first view of the cab", but when you switch to the back cab of that loco on the rear, the reverser works in opposite and lights aren't pointing to the driving direction as well. It happens that if you put the reverser to forward, the loco will run backwards as it would run forwards to the "first cab", and the lights only light up on the side of the "first cab".

So taking that scheme that Cjakeman made, my consist should look like this: (Ad]:3 Passenger cars:[cB).
When you change cabs, it works like that: A->B->c->d. Now, this looks all nice but the problem is that when you are on views c and d, the controls work as I described there. Assuming that the loco flipping has been disabled with this new feature, I would enjoy to have a fix on this as soon as possible!

Yes, loco flipping has been removed as it's no longer needed.

Thanks for finding this. We will have to recruit you onto our Test Team, I think :-)

I'll post here when I've taken a look - not before Tuesday though.

#19 User is offline   PA1930 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Not a problem, I am one that can wait! Thanks for the feedback. Will be looking forward to hear more news about this.
I have another problem to report but it isn't related to CTRL+E so I'll create a new topic.

#20 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hi Pedro,

View PostPA1930, on 06 January 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

Not a problem, I am one that can wait! Thanks for the feedback. Will be looking forward to hear more news about this.

I've done some more tests and I see what you mean.

Going in now to dig a bit deeper.

Chris

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users