• You cannot reply to this topic

Some thoughts on OR's steam physics Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

Now I will say steamers have been driven and fired by one person in Aus but that was usually shunting way out in the back blocks where there was no danger of any management showing up.

Yeah, mate, his oppo's over at the pub enjoying a cold Fosters; then they swap over. It went on here, too. Some of the old railway yarns are an eye opener as to what used to go on when out of sight of management. :sign_thanks:

I have been shot down repeatedly in forums for this view, but I use train simulators do enable me to do something from the past I could only do briefly or never do. So I have always treated them as real.

Free exchanges of views are to be encouraged. We all have opinions on what we want the new sim to do for us. That's why being involved in the Open Rails project is so refreshing and interesting.

Cheers Bazza

#22 User is offline   Shay 5 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS/ ORTS

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

One of the well know engineers that ran shays at cass many moons ago, apparently ticked off the fireman and the fireman walked off the job. The engineer(Piney Williams) just continued up the mountain, firing for himself. What a man. Great attitude. Maybe not the safest thing, but back then in the woods, you did what you had to do. No lip about it. :sign_thanks:
AMEN Cap'n. :oldstry:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users