• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Consists don't show up Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Shay 5 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS/ ORTS

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

OK. I'll do some moving. I'll see what that does.

#12 User is offline   B & O GUY 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

I can see a computer crash coming.:furious: Better watch it Shay5.:rotfl: You know what happens when you mess with things you don't understand. :bravo:;)

Have a good day. :scarerun:

Allen :lol2:

#13 User is offline   Shay 5 

• Superintendant

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:25 AM

Good grief! :furious: I'm not that stupid. I've done this sort of thing lots of times back when I was still wrestling with XP. Plus, There is a handy feature that comes with Windows called "Windows Restore" that works great. Besides, I don't think MSTS installed correctly in the first place. No big deal.

#14 User is offline   Alexey_Soljenitchev 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

"Virtual store", sheesh, what is that ?!

Makes me glad I'm still using Windows ME and Windows Server 2003 R2 ... tried and true technology.

#15 User is offline   Shay 5 

• Superintendant

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

ME?? That was known as Windows' worst OS. If you can make it work right, than your ahead of me. I never liked ME. Ya know, I don't think ME can get many viruses and spyware it's so old. :umnik: I believe Windows Server 2003 R2(equivalent of XP) has virtual store too. I'm not sure though. Never had it.

#16 User is offline   Alexey_Soljenitchev 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

View PostShay 5, on 08 March 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

ME?? That was known as Windows' worst OS. If you can make it work right, than your ahead of me. I never liked ME. Ya know, I don't think ME can get many viruses and spyware it's so old. :umnik:

I never had problems with it. Maybe the German version was better than the English one ? I'm still running it on my "multimedia machine" (AMD Duron 1.8GHz, 384MB DDR-RAM, 160GB UDMA-133, 32MB GeForce 2 MX, RAID, USB 2.0, NTFS-read-and-write ability, digital I/O for the sound (optical + coaxial), 2 sets of MIDI I/Os, etc.) which I use for sound processing (hooked up to the HFi system via a Behringer 9024 and a Technics SH-GE90, the former being controlled by PC software and MIDI-link cable), DVD watching and closed caption (CC) decyphering (European TVs lack this capability, you need a computer TV card with software to do it),

as well as on my laptop (Pentium 1 MMX @ 300MHz, 128MB SD-RAM, DVD-CDR/RW-combo drive, floppy, touchpad, TFT display, etc.) which I use for typing and reading books.

However, I recently tried to set up another computer with an English version of Windows ME, since I couldn't find my original German CD anymore (gotta be somewhere in the house, but where ... ?!), and it sucked ... it just did not run smoothly, Lord knows why.

But the German version of Windows ME is fantastic. You can even put an HDD with a drive image of a Windows ME installation from an entirely different computer into a system of your choice, and Windows ME will simply recognize all the new hardware and adapt to it, at times asking for drivers.
Whereas Windows XP and later versions refuse to do that.

The only reason I went for 2003 R2 on my later computers was the lack of USB 2.0 support, which I never got to work properly on ME, and some pieces of software (players, OpenOffice etc.) asking for it.

Otherwise I would still prefer ME, since it has some unique capabilities XP and the more recent systems lack, like true text-in-file search, or individual folder background pictures. I also miss the true DOS support for 16-bit software.

I believe Windows Server 2003 R2(equivalent of XP) has virtual store too. I'm not sure though. Never had it.

Actually it is an evolution of XP, with quite a few improvements, plus the unique server capabilities.

#17 User is offline   Shay 5 

• Superintendant

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

I see. Well If it works good for you than :umnik: . I fixed the consist problem. Now it shows up where it's supposed to be. I didn't even have to alter where msts is located. :lol2: :rofl:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users