• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

0.7 bug with combined throttle Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

Upon further investigation, there's potentially an OR bug. It appears that OR uses "hard coded" values for combined throttle settings based on common settings found in default & other MSTS engines. 3DTS do not conform to those standards, causing the error. We'll correct in the next public download.

#12 Inactive_Turbo Bill_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

here's that Tutorial. Once you get the hang of editing your eng files and using Route-riter to finish those and all your rollingstock it alsmost as much fun as running the trains. Some hobbyists get more pleasure out of upgrading their models. This is virtually the same thing but from a different angle. Instead of glue and plastic construction your using your computer, context and route riter. Also I suggest you have Route Riter make thunbnails of your equipment as you upgrade them/

Attached File(s)

#13 Inactive_Turbo Bill_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

The regions listed below are the regions I edit to Bob Boudoin's locomotive physics based on the latest edition created. The eng/wag file editor is used to upgrade the other sections and that process is laid out in the tutorial. It looks like a lot of work but I made sure every little detail is covered. Once you do a few it does a lot of editing in a little time. Read the tutorial first to see how I systematically rotate my rollingstock thru the various TRAINSET folders as I upgrade. I do this for two reasons, one is it helps me keep track of what's being edited, what's done, and what's left to do. Second, only the items you wish to presently upgrade shows up in the eng/wag file editor window and you do not have to try and pick out what you want to upgrade from a list of every piece of rollingstock in your regular TRAINSET folder. Do your Bob Boudoin upgrades while your engine folder is in the newly created TRAINSET folder. I usually do this part of the upgrade before I use Route Riter. Also to save a ton of time make sure you add all locomotives of the same type into the this new folder so you can upgrade all similar locomotives at the same time.

I use the following sections from Bob Boudoin's physics files:

Adhesion thru AntiSlip
MaxPower thru MaxOilPressure
AirBrakesAirCompressorPowerRating thru DynamicBrakeHasAutoBailOff
MaxDieselLevel thru DoesHornTriggerBell

#14 User is offline   BillC 

• Conductor
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

View Postlongiron, on 12 December 2011 - 02:16 PM, said:

Upon further investigation, there's potentially an OR bug. It appears that OR uses "hard coded" values for combined throttle settings based on common settings found in default & other MSTS engines. 3DTS do not conform to those standards, causing the error. We'll correct in the next public download.

Continuing the investigation of 3DTS Dash 9 OR bug found the following:

Using 3DTS Tehachapi Pass II --- Activity 3DTS_TEH2_SF_E-BAK_SBD-5-18 as a test case. The 3DTS_SD75M-cvf cab view file has the value 18 for NumFrames ( 18 .... This is consistent for standard Dash 9 cab view. Nine frames are used for throttle control, nine used for dynamic breaking. However the 3DTS_SD75M_SANTAFE_242.eng file Brake_Dynamic ( ... NumNotches ( 3 ; only 3 notches for the required 9. Replacing the Brake_Dynamic block with MSTS dash 9 eliminated the hang-up. {NumNotches ( 9 ... values filled out}

Most likely this problem didn't show up with MSTS, they probably parse the files differently to obtain there values. Bottom line is that OR needs correspondence between the .cvf file and .eng file as in the standard MSTS Dash 9 distribution. A cursory glance of other Dash9 files in the 3DTS folder appear to have the same characteristics.

A secondary problem the OR code has a fixed constant of 18 for NumFrames. In this particular case the bug would have been the same. The value 18 would have been picked up from NumFrames. This will be fixed shortly.

Bill

#15 User is offline   MP505 SLSF OK Sub 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

View PostBillC, on 12 December 2011 - 09:45 PM, said:

Continuing the investigation of 3DTS Dash 9 OR bug found the following:

Using 3DTS Tehachapi Pass II --- Activity 3DTS_TEH2_SF_E-BAK_SBD-5-18 as a test case. The 3DTS_SD75M-cvf cab view file has the value 18 for NumFrames ( 18 .... This is consistent for standard Dash 9 cab view. Nine frames are used for throttle control, nine used for dynamic breaking. However the 3DTS_SD75M_SANTAFE_242.eng file Brake_Dynamic ( ... NumNotches ( 3 ; only 3 notches for the required 9. Replacing the Brake_Dynamic block with MSTS dash 9 eliminated the hang-up. {NumNotches ( 9 ... values filled out}

Most likely this problem didn't show up with MSTS, they probably parse the files differently to obtain there values. Bottom line is that OR needs correspondence between the .cvf file and .eng file as in the standard MSTS Dash 9 distribution. A cursory glance of other Dash9 files in the 3DTS folder appear to have the same characteristics.

A secondary problem the OR code has a fixed constant of 18 for NumFrames. In this particular case the bug would have been the same. The value 18 would have been picked up from NumFrames. This will be fixed shortly.

Bill

I have noticed the same thing with the SD70 I use when using dym brakes. Once I try to use the brakes, that wo't work, the engine throttle will not work. But if I go back to the previous version of OR, the dyn brakes work ok. I know you are looking into this issue, but just thought I would add my two cents.
Thanks for OR!
I love it!
Ron

#16 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:45 AM

SLI engines have the same 3 rather than 9 for the Dynamic brakes.

I am just modifying then as I go.

Cheers

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users