• You cannot reply to this topic

More "Stuff" Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Coonskin 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:31 PM

Falcus:

You asked:

So as a "Green" engineer to a new sub, does the experienced Engineer "Tell you what buttons to push and when"? Something to the effect of "Ok, hit the air.... NOW!"

Or is it more like "Hey guy, this really nasty dip is around the next corner, watch for it"?

Maybe somewhere in between depending on who you're with?

I have had them sit over on the Conductor's side and point up ahead and say something like... "the grade breaks-over up ahead... you will probably want to draw off some air once you feel 'em starting to come over the top."

Then I've also had them that will tell you about when, how much, etc, etc!

Depends on the individual.

All:

IMHO, sounds like OR is already feeding good info for those interested in such info. As for more elaborate enroute input/reference helps: Do we really want to request even more work from those writing/modifying code?

#22 Inactive_geode_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:13 AM

I modelled railroads for 60 of my 73 years, everything from Santa Fe, to Colorado narrow gauge. Constantly striving for better control physics. Four years ago, in our present home with a NG layout size of 10'X 12' didn't satisfy my desire for an empire. I took up simming for almost endless layout size, AND 100% better train physics. I thoroughly enjoy learning to run a new route with the ups and downs, sharp turns, and whatever obsticals encountered along the way-without a pop-up telling me what to do next. So what if the train tips over, its' a simm game. Simply start over from the last save, and git'er right. SuperDuper that we can do that. It's far better than picking up super detailed cars from the floor.
Geode

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users