• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Open Rails v.646 Activities loading Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   spud 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:17 AM

Oh was I supposed to actually read the log? I looked at the linked post but as it jumps in about post #135 I'm sort of lost on it. If it is telling me that Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is required then something is amiss because I have ALL the .NET Frameworks from v1.0 all patched and updated by M$ updates as of this past Tuesday.

Actually, what I'm reporting does not seem to me to be an error. I'm just curious as to why OR will load and run an activity that causes an error and CTD with MSTS.

#12 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:41 AM

Spud,
Each time you launch Open Rails, it overwrites the log file with the latest information. So the log file you attached covers launching an CNW route that has some Car Spawner errors, that's what the log file shows

#13 User is offline   spud 

• Conductor

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

Well I'm not sure if I ran OR after I had the correct rolling stock or not, but the route was the C&NW so I think the log is from when I tried it in OR. All the activities would load without any problem and the sim would run. I did not attempt to complete the activities just checked that they would run. My question still is IF there is missing rolling stock why does OR still load the activity. MSTS as we all know just crashes when you have missing rolling stock. :bigboss:

#14 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

Spud,
We have not put any "stop loading" on specific error checking into OR. We skip and keep trying to load the activity and trainset. All errors, like missing shapes, textures, sms and other stuff are logged. I've loaded a trainset that worked perfectly but you couldn't see the main shape as I had removed it from the folder.

#15 User is offline   spud 

• Conductor

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

View Postlongiron, on 11 March 2011 - 06:09 PM, said:

Spud,
We have not put any "stop loading" on specific error checking into OR. We skip and keep trying to load the activity and trainset. All errors, like missing shapes, textures, sms and other stuff are logged. I've loaded a trainset that worked perfectly but you couldn't see the main shape as I had removed it from the folder.

AHH SO!
see if you ask the right question the answer becomes apparent instantly. Now I'm curious, if I had an activity that is missing rolling stock the sim loads and runs, does it just not show the car when it would normally be visible say on a rollby of an AI train that had that equipment included. Or would it crash at that point?

#16 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

View Postspud, on 12 March 2011 - 04:04 PM, said:

see if you ask the right question the answer becomes apparent instantly. Now I'm curious, if I had an activity that is missing rolling stock the sim loads and runs, does it just not show the car when it would normally be visible say on a rollby of an AI train that had that equipment included. Or would it crash at that point?

If the consist file or engine/wagon files are missing, OR stops with a critical error I believe; pretty much everything else should be non-fatal, including missing sounds and shapes for the wagons/engines. (Roughly speaking, the physics/simulation stuff needs to be there but the visual/graphic/sound stuff doesn't.)

#17 User is offline   spud 

• Conductor

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:55 AM

Thanks James,
Did not want to press my luck running this new version of OR for the first time when I tried to load the act. with missing stock. I just loaded the act. saw that the engine would run then shut r' down. But this dialog has helped me understand what to expect with the latest version of OR.
:lol2:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users