• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Post icon  Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:28 PM

engineerzach, on Aug 24 2006, 04:55 PM, said:

timmuir, on Aug 24 2006, 10:24 AM, said:

atsf37l, on Aug 22 2006, 11:07 AM, said:

Doggone you, Tim Muir!  You're going to get me to download that Montana route yet!  :D

Those big jacks are just simply gorgeous!  I love all the underneath hardware, which you have so faithfully copied in the models. 

Too many routes, not enough time!

Sorry, Herb, I didn't mean to vex you any :rolleyes: But you're right, too many routes, trains, everything, not enough time.....

But thanks for your praise on the boxcabs. That underbody hardware is only about half of what was under there on the real GE's. But it's good enough for MSTS work :blink:. I'm about ready to upload them, but i need to have someone test them out to see if the install goes according to Hoyle. I still have to write all the docs and such too..... :p

i'll do it for ya tim... :D (please?)

Hello Tim
Me too please. :o

Cheers Tony :D

#13 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:44 PM

You bet, Tony. Thanks.

#14 User is offline   Tony 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

View Posttimmuir, on 13 August 2006 - 12:01 PM, said:

E39 set, which was the last electric loco to operate on the Coast Division in 1970, having been transferred to the Rocky Mountain Division thereafter. This is one of the big ones, over a million pounds on the rails, a tonnage rating of 3,500 tons on a 1.7% grade, outshining a six-unit F-7 set which were rated at 3,330 tons on this grade. The E39 comes with two full-sized middle units.
Attachment 78b89f8e.jpg

Attachment 080377d4.jpg

Attachment 0c00a48a.jpg

Attachment f02ec61d.jpg

Attachment c8af40aa.jpg

As you can see, this is a big project, and is daunting at times, but a labor of love. ;)

Hello Tim
Did these get lost when Your computer had it's melt down? It would be nice if they could be released. Your GE box cabs are among My favorite locomotives. :sign_rockon:

Cheers Tony B)

#15 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:16 AM

View PostTony, on 17 March 2010 - 02:51 PM, said:

Hello Tim
Did these get lost when Your computer had it's melt down? It would be nice if they could be released. Your GE box cabs are among My favorite locomotives. :drinks:

Cheers Tony :o

As mentioned elsewhere, the E39 set was safe on another hard drive when I had that last crash. I have since been working on them a little more, here and there, adding animated pantographs with the newest bin 1.8 multiple controls so that either panto can be controlled separately. Last night I animated the pan on E39-C, the second unit behind the lead, but with the same controls as with Pan number two, on the rear unit. There's no control key for a #3 pan yet.

These are among my favorites, too, Tony. I've been running them a lot lately.

Attached Image: E39 EF-5 Broadsides.jpg

#16 User is offline   NSL Fan 

• Conductor
  • Group: Fan: Traction Nuts
  • Simulator:MSTS/Railworks

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

Hi Tim,

I've been looking at the E-39 you've sent me, and after some studying, I've found that the E39B is corrupt in someway. I made a consist of just E39b and it's trucks, and it crashed upon loading. Does the E39B shape have a structure named Pantagraph1? I'm going to guess that the lack of a Pantagraph1 makes it unstable when selected as the cab unit.

Zach

#17 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

View PostNSL Fan, on 10 April 2010 - 03:11 PM, said:

Hi Tim,

I've been looking at the E-39 you've sent me, and after some studying, I've found that the E39B is corrupt in someway. I made a consist of just E39b and it's trucks, and it crashed upon loading. Does the E39B shape have a structure named Pantagraph1? I'm going to guess that the lack of a Pantagraph1 makes it unstable when selected as the cab unit.

Zach

There is no part Pantagraph1. There is PantographBottom2A and so on. What might be crashing your E39B is the .cvf callout in the .eng file. You'll have to forgive me, but I'm not totally with it anymore, so change the callout from ( "..\\..\\Common.Cab\\MILW_EF-2\\EFcabV2b.cvf") to:( "..\\..\\Common.Cab\\MILW_EF-2\\EFcabV2.cvf") - remove the "b" after the V2. But that's moot because I found out that the cabview only works if the B unit is built facing forward and is then flipped rearward in the consist file. So don't try with the 39B becuase it hasn't been changed yet. I'm still experimenting with the E29B and the lighting code. The 39B is on the back burner for now. These sure are complex S.O.B.'s

#18 User is offline   NSL Fan 

• Conductor

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

:o

I ment all along E29 Tim. So apply all I said as being for the E29 :drinks:

#19 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:35 PM

View PostNSL Fan, on 10 April 2010 - 05:17 PM, said:

:o

I ment all along E29 Tim. So apply all I said as being for the E29 :drinks:

Ahh, a different thing all together. That's the old E29's in the library. I don't have the original source file for those since I've been working on them. There may have been the part pantograph1 for the static pans that those older models had, but nothing in my parts bin with that nomenclature. As soon as I get the lights sorted on the newest version of the E29's I'll share them with the world.

Actually, I've considered rebuilding the big GE's from the ground up, clean up some stuff about them I never liked, and add some things that are glaringly missing (in my mind, anyway, such as it is). I'm not quite ready to take on such an involved project, though, not yet. I'm still having trouble concentrating on things. I just have to take baby steps for now, at a pace.

#20 User is offline   NSL Fan 

• Conductor

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:06 PM

%&#@*$. I must not be thinking clearly Tonight. E39 is indeed the one unit you sent me, the tri color, with animated pans. :drinks: AGAIN. I'm looking over the cvf's, and will report my findings later.

Zach

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users