• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Milwaukee Road Boxcabs A new version in the works Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:49 PM

Some views of a newer version of the EF-1, EF-2, EF-3 and EF-5, featuring new consist arrangements, interiors, crew and more details.

E34 EF-5 for example:

Attached Image: E34EF5.jpg

Attached Image: E34A.jpg

Attached Image: E34C.jpg

Attached Image: E34B.jpg

Attached Image: 2373d59f.jpg

Attached Image: 28502775.jpg

#2 User is offline   engineerzach 

• Conductor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:34 PM

I can't wait tim, looks great! :rolleyes:

#3 User is offline   Tony 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Post icon  Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:54 AM

Hello Tim :rolleyes:
Nice work there buddy. Great progress with those boxcabs. <_< Any new freight cars to go with them?

Cheers Tony :lol:

#4 User is offline   ckawahara 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:35 AM

Hi Tim:

AALFW (At a loss for words)!!

Absolutely beautiful.

Likme the others who have posted, I'm sigin' up to get these.

#5 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:01 PM

Tony, on Aug 13 2006, 06:54 AM, said:

Hello Tim :rolleyes:
  Nice work there buddy. Great progress with those boxcabs.  <_< Any new freight cars to go with them?

Cheers Tony :lol:

Tony, thank you. I always plan on new freightcars. But, the deal is waiting for the mood to strike me to do them. I'm one of those souls that work when inspired. If I can't get into it, I wont do it. I've got hundreds of virtual tons of freightcars I want to do, both standard and narrow gauge. Just have to wait for the motivation and energy.

In the meanwhile, I'm doing the boxcabs only because I just couldn't stand the v1 models' lack of interior and exterior detail, and I wanted to break the units up into more manageable parts. They are now set up in three parts each unit. The trucks are seperate wagons, each with a main with two bogies, and coupled together with the carbody eng sandwhiched in between using bar couplers and Joe Morris's coupler coding. They operate smoothly over the rough trackage of the Sullivan RMD's, and work well on the front coupler for switching, which they did on the prototypes, as the electric divisions had only four electric switchers in the 440 miles of electrified trackage in Montana. So, out on the high iron these big juicers did the switching along the way. They were actually good switchers with a high acceleration and good tractive effort.

And thanks too Craig. I hope to get them cleaned up for a release pretty soon. They are poly monsters, but these are broken up into the three main parts, each using freight animation added parts. The first v3 boxcab to be uploaded will be the E29, which was one of the last units to run. It will have all the trucks so that any following releases, such as the E34 and E39 will be just the carbodies, using the trucks from the E29 set. Also with the v3 models, all the middle and B units are included in each number set, instead of them being seperate folders for each unit as with the v1's. This will keep folder sizes to a minimum.

They will use the original EF2 common cabview and sound folders, so any new users will have to go and download these from TS.com's library. The v3's will come with a new .cvf to compensate for the new pivot point, and there's some new sounds, courtesy of Lukas Lusser, which will be zipped and included to be placed into the common.snd/MILW EF2 folder.

E29A:
Attached Image: 40999607.jpg

Middle Unit E36C (original E29C was scrapped by 1972):
Attached Image: 8d94623b.jpg

E29B:
Attached Image: ad15dc96.jpg

Out on the high plains of Montana:
Attached Image: 33f45ca8.jpg

E39 set, which was the last electric loco to operate on the Coast Division in 1970, having been transferred to the Rocky Mountain Division thereafter. This is one of the big ones, over a million pounds on the rails, a tonnage rating of 3,500 tons on a 1.7% grade, outshining a six-unit F-7 set which were rated at 3,330 tons on this grade. The E39 comes with two full-sized middle units.
Attached Image: 78b89f8e.jpg

Attached Image: 080377d4.jpg

Attached Image: 0c00a48a.jpg

Attached Image: f02ec61d.jpg

Attached Image: c8af40aa.jpg

As you can see, this is a big project, and is daunting at times, but a labor of love. :p

#6 User is offline   Tony 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:15 PM

Hello Tim
They just keep getting better. <_<

Cheers Tony :rolleyes:

#7 User is offline   flamex 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / MSTS

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:03 PM

Nice!

#8 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:07 AM

Doggone you, Tim Muir! You're going to get me to download that Montana route yet! :rolleyes:

Those big jacks are just simply gorgeous! I love all the underneath hardware, which you have so faithfully copied in the models.

Too many routes, not enough time!

#9 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:24 AM

atsf37l, on Aug 22 2006, 11:07 AM, said:

Doggone you, Tim Muir!  You're going to get me to download that Montana route yet!  :blink:

Those big jacks are just simply gorgeous!  I love all the underneath hardware, which you have so faithfully copied in the models. 

Sorry, Herb, I didn't mean to vex you any :D But you're right, too many routes, trains, everything, not enough time.....

But thanks for your praise on the boxcabs. That underbody hardware is only about half of what was under there on the real GE's. But it's good enough for MSTS work :rolleyes:. I'm about ready to upload them, but i need to have someone test them out to see if the install goes according to Hoyle. I still have to write all the docs and such too..... :o

#10 User is offline   engineerzach 

• Conductor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:55 PM

timmuir, on Aug 24 2006, 10:24 AM, said:

atsf37l, on Aug 22 2006, 11:07 AM, said:

Doggone you, Tim Muir! You're going to get me to download that Montana route yet!   :D

Those big jacks are just simply gorgeous! I love all the underneath hardware, which you have so faithfully copied in the models.Â

Sorry, Herb, I didn't mean to vex you any :rolleyes: But you're right, too many routes, trains, everything, not enough time.....

But thanks for your praise on the boxcabs. That underbody hardware is only about half of what was under there on the real GE's. But it's good enough for MSTS work :blink:. I'm about ready to upload them, but i need to have someone test them out to see if the install goes according to Hoyle. I still have to write all the docs and such too..... :D

i'll do it for ya tim... :o (please?)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users