• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Build A Better Skydome - Terragen 2 ? Rate Topic: -----

#191 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 02 February 2023 - 09:36 PM

The last one is probably caused by the glTF code, because the whole light handling in the shaders is rewritten there, to support multiple light sources. Needs some fine-adjustments, obviously.

#192 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 19 February 2023 - 06:28 AM

Hi Folks,

It seems James is working on the Sunrise/Sunset on every new Unstable release of ORTS. There's a new folder in the Content directory. Sunrise and Sunset does look better. I haven't noticed the horrible pink lighting we had previously.

Is there anything specifically we should take note of? Could we get an explanation on what's happening in the Content directory?

Thanks James!
:)

Regards,
Scott

#193 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 February 2023 - 01:00 PM

View Postscottb613, on 19 February 2023 - 06:28 AM, said:

It seems James is working on the Sunrise/Sunset on every new Unstable release of ORTS. There's a new folder in the Content directory. Sunrise and Sunset does look better. I haven't noticed the horrible pink lighting we had previously.

Is there anything specifically we should take note of? Could we get an explanation on what's happening in the Content directory?

The new Content subdirectory "EnvMapDay" is from the glTF 2.0 support and is completely unrelated to my work here on the environment

The current situation hasn't changed recently; the wind is complicated, but I have made progress

The updated wind code consolidates the simulation/physics wind with the clouds, particles, and precipitation winds; one particularly notable improvement is that the clouds respond to your movement as a viewer, meaning that you can actually chase and even overtake them! (Previously clouds moved at a fixed speed relative to the viewer, now they move at a dynamic speed relative to the world)

It is not yet in the Unstable version but I am working on the last few issues before that can happen

#194 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 21 February 2023 - 06:38 AM

Hi James,

Thanks for the explanation.

Regards,
Scott

#195 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 22 February 2023 - 12:49 PM

Hi James, first of all I'm happy to know that progress is being made slowly, I hope as well as everyone hopes that the whole Open Rails weather/sky system will be revolutionized!

In this regard, I have a question..

If I want to create a 3D tree, I repeat, fully 3D with Blender, and correlate the wind physics with it, will it be possible to do that in the future?

#196 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 28 March 2023 - 06:04 AM

View PostFS.E652 091, on 22 February 2023 - 12:49 PM, said:

If I want to create a 3D tree, I repeat, fully 3D with Blender, and correlate the wind physics with it, will it be possible to do that in the future?

If we would speak about the gltf format, it would be possible to include two animations for the tree, one for each of the two horizontal directions (X and Z). A new animation name would be needed to be defined for that, like WIND_DISPACEMENT_X and WIND_DISPACEMENT_Z, or similar. Then a program code could be written that moves these animations based on the wind strength. gltf uses time for defining animation states, so e.g. time 0s of WIND_DISPACEMENT_X could be the max wind strength in -X direction, 0.5s could be the zero wind strength, and 1s could be the max wind strength in +X direction. And the same for Y. The difficulty is, that a single node cannot be targeted by two active animations.

Just thinking loud...

#197 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 29 March 2023 - 01:58 AM

Thanks for the reply, these elements could come in handy for me one day, also because with Blender it is possible to create trees entirely in 3D, therefore in addition to a basic animation, let's say that if one day the scripts allow it, it will be possible to make it even more the functionality of the wind speed is useful, also in correlation with the physics of the motion of a body.Thanks for the reply, these elements could come in handy for me one day, also because with Blender it is possible to create trees entirely in 3D, therefore in addition to a basic animation, let's say that if one day the scripts allow it, it will be possible to make it even more the functionality of the wind speed is useful, also in correlation with the physics of the motion of a body.

#198 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 08 July 2023 - 05:25 AM

I suspect, this problem may originate from recent day/night transition improvements.

• 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users