• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Something wrong with Bala Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:41 AM

FWIW, I have just installed the latest OR version and do not get any sound related errors apart from missing item warnings, Open AL installed and running from the OpenRails.exe. Not tried the MG version yet.

#12 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:58 PM

log from reinstaled Bala on MG Rev.15 with OpenAL installed. Second log from normal OR.

#13 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 08 April 2019 - 04:50 PM

Offering a counter view point to the title of the thread: "There is nothing wrong with Bala" No problem whatsoever using the latest MG download ( rev15 ) -- having met all the installation requirements.
No errors anything like what are listed in fablok's logs. All I have are a couple of "suffix 'n/m' which could not be parsed" -- easily fixed and a few missing animation data warnings.

#14 User is offline   perpetualKid 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:07 AM

View PostR H Steele, on 08 April 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

Offering a counter view point to the title of the thread: "There is nothing wrong with Bala"

This conclusion sounds correct so far...

Looks like the OpenAL version which is required to be installed as part of the latest experimental, does have some limitation in number of sound source ("Sound stream activation failed at number 62"), and there are some later builds with different implementation (nothing documented, and there's no installer...)

Obviously that limit got hit by the specific route, but may not occur on other routes.

Possible mitigation is identified and will be implemented and merged to code base. I'll drop a note here once done. In the meanwhile, if anyone wants to test, manually copy attached OpenAL.dll to the OR program folder if missing there, should fix the issue for now.

Attached File  OpenAL32.zip (336.12K)
Number of downloads: 275

#15 User is offline   dennisat 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails & MSTS

Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:52 AM

View PostperpetualKid, on 09 April 2019 - 01:07 AM, said:

In the meanwhile, if anyone wants to test, manually copy attached OpenAL.dll to the OR program folder if missing there, should fix the issue for now.

I might have been a bit premature endorsing this driver (see my PM perpetualkid). I'm hearing a stuttering on some sounds which I don't think was there previously. I'd be interested to see if anyone else gets this.

Dennis

#16 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor

Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:43 AM

Yep. I have use very complex sms files with many streams , also use a lot of traffic and static cars. MSTS have this limit and got freze , then OR appears and it fix this . Now this thing returns :(
MODERATORS: Please change topic to :
"Warning: Sound stream activation failed at number 62" bug. Thankyou :)

#17 User is offline   perpetualKid 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:15 AM

View PostFablok, on 09 April 2019 - 02:43 AM, said:

Yep. I have use very complex sms files with many streams , also use a lot of traffic and static cars.

this may explain why it did only surface now, and not with other routes.

View PostFablok, on 09 April 2019 - 02:43 AM, said:

MSTS have this limit and got freze , then OR appears and it fix this . Now this thing returns

you do realize those are different things, do you?

In the meanwhile, dennisat has done some more testing, and confirmed a version which does seem to be correct, see above. Please download the dll as mentioned there and try again, and let us know if this helps.

#18 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor

Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:47 AM

MG works with no error now :)

#19 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:02 AM

A maximum of 62 sound sources would have caused problems in many routes. I personally copied OpenAl32.dll from an old OR version to Windows/System32 (in my 32-bit system). Such OpenAl32.dll version used by OR had been compiled by gpz explicitly for OR, setting the maximum value to 1024, see http://www.elvastowe...post__p__185439 . By the way that maximum number can be changed by modifying an .ini file, see here http://www.elvastowe...post__p__122845 , at least in the .dll version OR was using.
The value of 1024 was selected after tests with heavily loaded routes. I don't know if gpz has changed other parameters for the OR version of the .dll, so IMHO it would be better to revert the change, contact gpz to know what he did with OpenRails32.dll, and only after having got the answers provide the link to a suitable release of the .dll.

#20 User is offline   dennisat 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails & MSTS

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:55 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 09 April 2019 - 07:02 AM, said:

Such OpenAl32.dll version used by OR had been compiled by gpz explicitly for OR, setting the maximum value to 1024...
The value of 1024 was selected after tests with heavily loaded routes, so I strongly suggest that any different release of OpenAl32.dll used for OR uses that value.

I've just crashed out at 256 on the OpenAL version we're testing so I think we'll have to work out how to build a custom version for OR.

Dennis

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users