Elvas Tower: Making AI Trains Perform Switching Moves - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Making AI Trains Perform Switching Moves Is/was this a feature? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PerryPlatypus 

• Fireman
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Access 1 Open Rails Forums
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:25 AM

I thought I had read somewhere that within OR, someone had developed the ability for AI (computer-controlled) trains to perform switching moves, such as uncoupling/coupling to cuts of cars.

I see this thread: http://www.elvastowe...timetable-mode/

is somewhat related to what I am talking about, but I am unsure whether this was for only Timetable mode, or if it has been/could be expanded to normal Activity mode? For example, having location or time events that tell an AI train to couple or uncouple cars.

#2 User is online   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:18 AM

Sean, normal activities. I've made a couple early on...one here in the library for the Cumberland Route >> LN 03 First Run to Chad. This activity can be run entirely in autopilot, all trains, player and AI perform switching moves, uncouple, couple, etc....this is the first one I made. Pretty basic, but it illustrates the idea well.
Also redid a couple of activities for the West Colton, which are available on the Diesel West members forum. I can email any or all of them, if you prefer.
Regards, Gerry

#3 User is offline   PerryPlatypus 

• Fireman
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Access 1 Open Rails Forums

Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:23 AM

View PostR H Steele, on 28 August 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

Sean, normal activities. I've made a couple early on...one here in the library for the Cumberland Route >> LN 03 First Run to Chad. This activity can be run entirely in autopilot, all trains, player and AI perform switching moves, uncouple, couple, etc....this is the first one I made. Pretty basic, but it illustrates the idea well.
Also redid a couple of activities for the West Colton, which are available on the Diesel West members forum. I can email any or all of them, if you prefer.
Regards, Gerry

Thanks Gerry, that's great to hear! Sounds like exactly what I am looking for. It would be great if you could email however many of them that you are comfortable with. I don't own West Colton so I won't be able to actually run the activities, but if I can use them just to study and understand the scripting, they could be useful.

#4 User is online   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:38 AM

I found the thread that Carlo Santucci started....this shows the whole progression of development

http://www.elvastowe...__1#entry162636
Also the Great ZigZag here http://www.zigzag.co...ties/downloads/ has activities that feature advanced shunting.
I"m looking for a couple of other references, will post them here when I find them.
Cheers, Gerry ( will email what I have)

These manual sections
6.4.10 Extended AI train shunting
10.7.2 AbsoluteWaiting Points
10.13 Extended AI Train Shunting

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users