• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brake do not release Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Jack 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:01 PM

When I start this simulation the train is stopped and the Train Brake line reads: Train Brake line reads: Servicw 83% EQ 0 psi BC 56 psi BP 0 psi EOT BP 0 psi
After releasing the brakes the Train Brake Line reads: Release EQ0 psi BC 56 psi BP 64 psi EOT PG 66 psi.
How can I get the BC to read 0 to get this train to start moving?

Thanks Jack

#2 User is offline   lineman 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Train Simulator

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

Have you tried "shift" + "/"

#3 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:44 PM

Yes, the Shift + / keys 'cheat' works but if you want prototypical operation at startup you normally check your train for all brake hoses connected and all angle cocks set for correct operation. (all open except front and rear of train.

Use the F9 Train Operations Panel to display. This panel shows hand brakes & angle cock position for each car(wagon).

The F5 HUD Brake Panel also will show you the condition of your trains brake system would be of help here and display exactly why the brakes are not releasing.

regards,
vince

#4 User is offline   thegrindre 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Simulator:MSTS & Trainz '04 & Open Rails

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:52 AM

vince, on 31 January 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

The F5 HUD Brake Panel also will show you the condition of your trains brake system would be of help here and display exactly why the brakes are not releasing.

regards,
vince

I'm going to have to http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/I-Agree.gif with this request. I, too, have had train brake trouble and information under the F5 key would be much appreciated.

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/oldstry.gif

#5 User is offline   Procopius 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:42 AM

thegrindre, on 01 February 2018 - 03:52 AM, said:

I'm going to have to http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/I-Agree.gif with this request. I, too, have had train brake trouble and information under the F5 key would be much appreciated.

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/oldstry.gif

Exactly how does one go about capturing that information? Use a screen shot? The basic <F5> line doesn't seem to tell you much. The extended or advanced report from <shift><F5> is too long to write down. I'm having other brake problems, which I'll describe in a separate post, Should the log file be sent, too? Frankly, I don't see anything in either <F5> display that suggests why the brakes are not releasing, but that's probably just because I don't know how to interpret the data.
--
Roger

#6 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

Procopius, on 06 February 2018 - 03:42 AM, said:

Exactly how does one go about capturing that information? Use a screen shot? The basic <F5> line doesn't seem to tell you much. The extended or advanced report from <shift><F5> is too long to write down. I'm having other brake problems, which I'll describe in a separate post, Should the log file be sent, too? Frankly, I don't see anything in either <F5> display that suggests why the brakes are not releasing, but that's probably just because I don't know how to interpret the data.
--Roger

Hi Roger,
Don't feel bad about having troubles with Open Rails brakes because it's different than MSTS so throw out all your preconceptions on how things used to work or you're just >>>===> http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wallbash.gif. Ouch!
I too had problems climbing the Open Rails learning curve, especially the brakes!
Not to worry, you'll get it in time as you work with the Sim. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/bigboss.gif

A screenshot of the brake panel is very relevant to solving your problem(s).
Attaching zip compressed OpenRailsLog.txt is also useful in finding problems and should be included in EVERY call for help! .
A screenshot of the brake panel shows many items that control the trains brakes.

Here is screenshot of the F5 HUD after three (3) presses of F5 whilst holding the keyboard SHIFT key
Attached Image: OR_BrakePanelHUD.jpg

This is a screenshot made with IrfanView v4.27 How to get this I do the following.
1. Have your train ready to go at activity start.
2. Press F5 to bring up the HUD Display
3. While holding the [SHIFT] key down, press the F5 key 3 times to step to the Brake Panel HUD.
4. Lots of useful information here . . . http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/book2.gif

Do you have a specific question on this Brake Panel HUD display?

The only one I could think of is 'How did I get the nice black background for the display?'

Easy, you use the The 'Big Black Under-the-world-Disk' as your background. Makes reading the HUD sooo much easier!
Here's the step-by-step process to get a readable screenshot.

+A. After you bring up the HUD Brake Panel Display, press the Keyboard '8' key. (free roam camera)

+B.
With the Brake Panel HUD on screen Press the DOWN Arrow Key to take the camera UNDER the train where the mysterious big black disk resides.

+C.
Tilt the camera down (Press the DOWN Arrow + Alt Key) so the background of the HUD is against the black disk background.

+D.
All nice? Now take the screenshot by HOLDING the Alt Key while you press the keyboard PrintScreen Key.

+E.
Open your graphics program, mine is IrfanView a free and very useful graphics program.

+F.
In the graphics program crop the image to keep just the HUD part of the screenshot. Save the image as a JPG file.

G.
Attach the saved image to your post along wth a Zipped copy of the OpenRails.txt file.

Okay, all done. This will get valuable needed information to those who solve problems for us.
Do you have a specific question about this display? The OR Manual in Section 7.4 has much information on this.

best regards,
vince

#7 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:54 AM

Alternative to Steps D, E & F use Snipping Tool that comes with Windows. New Snip > capture and snip > Save to JPG or copy to clipboard.

#8 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:12 AM

Hi Charles,
Yeah, I haven't tried that yet but certainly will in the future. Sounds easy to use, something actually useful from Redmond?

regards,
vince

#9 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:59 AM

vince, on 06 February 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

Hi Charles,
Yeah, I haven't tried that yet but certainly will in the future. Sounds easy to use, something actually useful from Redmond?

regards,
vince

Don't want to embarrass you, Vince, but Micro$oft introduced that tool back with Win 7. Does full screen or a selection. Includes an annotating tool. Save to JPG, GIF, PNG or HTML. Also there is a Send to Email.

#10 User is offline   Procopius 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:33 AM

cr-stagg, on 06 February 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

Don't want to embarrass you, Vince, but Micro$oft introduced that tool back with Win 7. Does full screen or a selection. Includes an annotating tool. Save to JPG, GIF, PNG or HTML. Also there is a Send to Email.

Yeah, I use Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit and I had never used that tool either. I found for my needs just make the window I want to capture active and then hit <Ctl><Prt Scn>/ I'll have to play with this. Either way I use GIMP to create a .jpg or .png from the screen grab. OK, so in the future I'll try attaching a screen grab of the <F5> screen. Thanks for the help.
--
Roger

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users