Brake do not release Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:00 AM

Stijn D.C., on 22 July 2018 - 03:58 AM, said:

For moment i use this on .wag:

Your actual rates are much higher than I use.

When I use wagons that have no distributor( ASP), I uncheck gradually release brakes from the options menu.

The only downside to this is i keep on forgetting to check and uncheck for the stock concerned!

Thanks

#42 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 22 July 2018 - 12:58 PM

Hello,

By me that grad. function is unchecked too, becauze Oerlikon brakelevers in my country dont release if you rotate them step back.

My opinian too is that this must be reached/happend if you have "grad." writ on the command line of .eng file and not in options menu.

a brakeleverscript like PBL2 (Serana) have solution too have grad. release

I have try the other ORTSBrakePipeTimeFactor but now my 1000l headreservoir is to quick empty (from 9BAR too 5 BAR)

Bailoff is a solution too for moment, when all wagons and engines have Pipepressure of 5BAR and my brakelight stay on, i do Bailoff button, it go out.

IF you do this not and wait it go out too.

A traindriver on goods tell me that by a long goodstrain this can be more than 5 minutes. If they drive they give brake of 0,5 BAR (Pipe), that is 1 BAR or 1,3 BAR in cylinders.

He said me too, that there is a difference with chemic wagons, and containerwagons in case releasing too.

But today someone of Belgian trainsim community send me a .wag file with this brakedata:

comment(-------- Freinage --------)

BrakeEquipmentType 							( "Handbrake, Triple_valve, Auxilary_reservoir, Emergency_brake_reservoir" ) 
	BrakeSystemType 							( "Air_single_pipe" ) 
	MaxBrakeForce 								( 30kN ) 
	MaxHandbrakeForce 							( 19kN ) 
	NumberOfHandbrakeLeverSteps 						( 100 ) 
	TripleValveRatio 							( 2.5 ) 
	MaxReleaseRate 								( 15 ) 
	MaxApplicationRate 							( 25 ) 
	MaxAuxilaryChargingRate 						( 5 ) 
	EmergencyResCapacity 							( 7 ) 
	EmergencyResChargingRate 						( 5 ) 
	EmergencyBrakeResMaxPressure 						( 90 ) 
	BrakeCylinderPressureForMaxBrakeBrakeForce 				( 72 ) 

This are goodwagons, empty too. But i think that they brake to quick too, with freight i have not so much experience. In the past some drivers said me that they brake longer en not so hard as

Passengers. The freight wagon of my thumnail have a weight of 26t, is 30kN not to much in this case too?

#43 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:19 PM

Stijn D.C., on 22 July 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

Hello,

By me that grad. function is unchecked too, becauze Oerlikon brakelevers in my country dont release if you rotate them step back.

My opinian too is that this must be reached/happend if you have "grad." writ on the command line of .eng file and not in options menu.

a brakeleverscript like PBL2 (Serana) have solution too have grad. release

I have try the other ORTSBrakePipeTimeFactor but now my 1000l headreservoir is to quick empty (from 9BAR too 5 BAR)

Bailoff is a solution too for moment, when all wagons and engines have Pipepressure of 5BAR and my brakelight stay on, i do Bailoff button, it go out.

IF you do this not and wait it go out too.

A traindriver on goods tell me that by a long goodstrain this can be more than 5 minutes. If they drive they give brake of 0,5 BAR (Pipe), that is 1 BAR or 1,3 BAR in cylinders.

He said me too, that there is a difference with chemic wagons, and containerwagons in case releasing too.

But today someone of Belgian trainsim community send me a .wag file with this brakedata:

This are goodwagons, empty too. But i think that they brake to quick too, with freight i have not so much experience. In the past some drivers said me that they brake longer en not so hard as

Passengers. The freight wagon of my thumnail have a weight of 26t, is 30kN not to much in this case too?

On most freight wagons, there is a brake switch for loaded and unloaded. Basically, only one brake cylinder is used on empty wagons.

I have been using a brake formula for some time with the shoe friction parameters. Depending on your freight wagons having 2-axle or 4-axles, gives a slightly different force.

Your wagon tare weight is 26tons

2-axles ; 26 - 60% x 0.13 x 9.81 = 19.90kN

4-axles ; 26 - 65% x 0.13 x 9.81 = 21.55kN

Remember when the wagons are fully loaded, the brake load level is set to full, this will enable both brake cylinders to work, which you need to double the brake force above.

Of course with the ORTS physics for loaded and unloaded wagons, this is all done automatic, provided you have entered the correct details!

Thanks

#44 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:50 PM

Thanks for the information.

Have you idea too how i convert braketonnes (stay like that in handbook of a electric locomotive) to kN?

Prestations brakeshoebrake , automatic trainbrakes

Regime R (Passengers): 138braketon

Regime P (Goods): 102braketon

Regime G: 102braketon

Greetz,

Stijn

#45 User is offline   Lamplighter 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:14 AM

I think that:

R (very powerful, express train)
P (powerfull, passenger train)
G (goods train)

The braking weight expresses the braking power. In addition to the compressive braking forces, it also includes braking cylinder filling times and other factors influencing the braking distance.
It is a technical variable without clear physical significance used to calculate the braking percent of the car / train.

For example, I use it to calculate the braking force (MaxBrakeForce):

Braking weight(t) / Car mass(t) = braking percentage(%)
MaxBrakeForce = Car mass(t) x braking percentage(%) x coefficient of friction (brake shoe friction) x 9,806652

9,806652 is tonne-force for for conversion tone on power (tone to kN).

Example:
Locomotive class 753 (Czech Railways)
Braking weight for regime P = 50t
Loco mass = 76,8t
Brake shoe friction for iron cast = 0,31

Braking percentage(%) = 50/76,8 = 0,651
MaxBrakeForce = 76,8 x 0,651 x 0,31 x 9,806652 = 151,9 kN

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic