Trainbrake-Problem with Acela HHP-8 Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:06 AM

Csantucci, on 19 September 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

Coolhand, thank you for your reply. Two points:
- is the bail-off command explicitly sent to the trailing units or do they act autonomously in bailing off their air brake?
- what you say about freight trains is however not how OR works now for dynamic braking. if the leading unit of a freight train brakes with the dynamic brake (even with no blended brakes), all power units in the train (also those at the end of the train) brake with the dynamic brake (just tested).

For EMUs and DMUs, the bail-off acts autonomously in the trailing units, as each motor coach has to obtain it dynamic brake achieved rate. In the real world, the air brake will intervene if the required dynamic brake force is not obtain. This is mostly so, when the brake is first applied. I use one to two seconds to delay the dynamic brake for this very reason.

About the freight engines. Yes i myself have just tried this on the default GP38 engine top and tail between 5 log wagons, the dedicated dynamic brake does indeed works on the tail engine to 5 mph. Change these engines to twin pipe and blended, the dynamic and the air brakes works also on the tail engine. However, add the DynamicBrakeHasAutoBailOff( 1 ) to the engines, the front engine air brake will bail off until 5 mph, but the tail engine will not auto bail off causing the dynamic brake and air brake to both apply which leads to extra brake force. Or in case of my EMU, the rear engine will have twice the brake force until 15 mph.

Thanks

#42 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:19 PM

I have at last prepared a patch to have also engines auto-bailing off that are not directly connected with the lead engine.
Here is the patch for x.3955
Attached File  Orts.Simulation.dll.zip (464.44K)
Number of downloads: 263
I tested it with double-pipe locomotives.
Could someone (Coolhand?) pls. check that the patch works and that it has no drawbacks?

#43 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:32 AM

Csantucci, on 02 October 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

I have at last prepared a patch to have also engines auto-bailing off that are not directly connected with the lead engine.
I tested it with double-pipe locomotives.
Could someone (Coolhand?) pls. check that the patch works and that it has no drawbacks?

Hi carlo

I have tested my trainsets using this method and initial testing shows that engines that are not directly connected with the lead engine now have auto-bail off. This is using the twin pipe brake type.

Thanks

#44 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:22 AM

Fixed in x.3963.

#45 User is offline   markyisri 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:36 AM

Hi,

I found that initializing the brakes with the brakes applied seems to reset this flaw. Is that helpful information?

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users