Elvas Tower: Updating refueling process. - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Updating refueling process. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:50 PM

Currently, the refueling process only refuels the player locomotive, not the additional locomotives that are also part of the player train. I am happy to say that I have been working on this and this will change. What I have in place currently and testing is the immediate refueling process which will include all locomotives and finally the ability to refuel each locomotive in the consist at the pump. I am currently testing and so far what I have is looking good. I still have to submit the blue print for this.

Edward K.

#2 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:21 AM

View Postedwardk, on 26 May 2016 - 01:50 PM, said:

Currently, the refueling process only refuels the player locomotive, not the additional locomotives that are also part of the player train. I am happy to say that I have been working on this and this will change. What I have in place currently and testing is the immediate refueling process which will include all locomotives and finally the ability to refuel each locomotive in the consist at the pump. I am currently testing and so far what I have is looking good. I still have to submit the blue print for this.

Just to be clear, the non-player locomotives in the train are only refuelled when they are lined up with the water tower/fuel pump, right? Obviously immediate refuel doesn't care.

#3 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:42 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 28 May 2016 - 10:21 AM, said:

Just to be clear, the non-player locomotives in the train are only refuelled when they are lined up with the water tower/fuel pump, right? Obviously immediate refuel doesn't care.

Exactly James. I had a brief challenge in understanding the use of steam locomotives with the tenders, but I finally solved this part. So now, individual locomotives, both steam(with tender) and diesel that are part of the player's train can be individually refueled when lined up with the refueling object and immediate refueling will automatically refuel all locomotives that are part of the player's train.

I still have some minor details to work out yet, but the main process is completed.

Edward K.

#4 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:52 AM

View Postedwardk, on 28 May 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

I still have some minor details to work out yet, but the main process is completed.

Great to see this developing from the minimum that would be useful into a fully grown feature.

Thanks, Edward.

#5 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:24 PM

Would a tender always follow the steam locomotive? I am asking because I am wondering if there would be a locomotive model that would require the tender to be in the front.

Edward K.

#6 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:26 PM

View Postedwardk, on 28 May 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

steam(with tender)

To state the obvious, all steam locos do not have tenders.

#7 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:44 PM

If this is the case, then that particular model would also contain the intake information. Correct?

Edit: I would not assume that all steam locomotives would use tenders. It just so happens that I specified the tender above because under OR, the tender is just a wagon to test for that uses the intake point, but the steam locomotive has the controller information that is needed for the refueling process.

Edward K.

#8 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:34 PM

View Postedwardk, on 28 May 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

If this is the case, then that particular model would also contain the intake information. Correct?

Edit: I would not assume that all steam locomotives would use tenders. It just so happens that I specified the tender above because under OR, the tender is just a wagon to test for that uses the intake point, but the steam locomotive has the controller information that is needed for the refueling process.

Edward K.

The "IntakePoint" information for water and coal are stated in the tender (*.wag) file.

#9 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:49 PM

View Postdforrest, on 28 May 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

The "IntakePoint" information for water and coal are stated in the tender (*.wag) file.

That is correct, but the primary information needed for the fueling process is included with the steam locomotive. At the moment, the tender without the steam locomotive can't be refueled.

Edward K.

#10 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:56 PM

I did notice that OR is not using this line from the engine file, IsTenderRequired( 1 ). Its defined under TokenID.cs, but that is it.

Edward K.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users