• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AI train did not show after midnight? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:40 PM

This past week I was creating my activity for the route of MLT CNBALA2. I had one player train and 6 AI trains along the route. I decided to have the simulation started at 22:30 from Waubamik, ON with a starting point heading down south to Doncaster, ON then head east on York Sub to Montreal. No problem to have the first 3 AI trains before midnight and the fourth AI train is after midnight ( 00:08 ) did not show up in simulation where it should be a meet at Sparrow Lake, ON near Washago. I wonder if the program read the time ( midnight ) from the same day as the simulation start at 22:30 ( 10:30 P.M. ) in the same 24 hour cycle not the next day? If it is and how do I override this to make a fourth meet work at ( 00:08 ) the wee early morning after the simulation started at 22:30. Any ideas with this to figure out to make the time work for a meet at Sparrow Lake, ON.

Thank you,

John

#2 User is offline   Lutz_s 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:17 AM

Hi John,

it seems to be quite easy to get this working. You have to open the .act-file in a text-editor and find the line with Service_Definition for the train you want to apear after midnight. The first entry in this line is the name, the second one is the starttime. You have to add 86400 to this starttime. 86400 seconds are 24 hours, so everything greater 86400 will be on the next day. (I have not tested if the MSTS accepts this, but Openrails 3190 does).

Cheers Lutz

#3 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:15 AM

Lutz_s, on 18 July 2015 - 04:17 AM, said:

Hi John,

it seems to be quite easy to get this working. You have to open the .act-file in a text-editor and find the line with Service_Definition for the train you want to apear after midnight. The first entry in this line is the name, the second one is the starttime. You have to add 86400 to this starttime. 86400 seconds are 24 hours, so everything greater 86400 will be on the next day. (I have not tested if the MSTS accepts this, but Openrails 3190 does).

Cheers Lutz

Thank you Lutz and will let you know how I make out with my activity after your recommend the change in one line with " Service_Definition " start time.

cheers,

John

#4 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:28 PM

Good Idea, but
I have fond, that the Timetable knows times only until 23:59

#5 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:00 PM

Still doesn't work after one line change with Service_Definition to 86400 as Lutz suggested. But I am not using Timetable for this because I was told here before that it won't work in freight activities so I avoid this. I used the program of Microsoft Train Simulator Editors and Tools Activity Editor to create the activity for the route of MLT CNBALA2 to run in Open Rails not MSTS. Now maybe I did not followed your instructions about the change of one line with Service_Definition and what I did is to change the player train line . But wonder if I should change with AI #4 line that where AI train started after midnight. So I should change that AI #4 with Service_Definition to 86400 instead of 480. If that is not possible then I will start over again to create new activity within 24 hours from 00:00 to 23:59 on the same day. Let me know about this.

Thank you again,

John

#6 User is offline   Lutz_s 

• Fireman

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:32 AM

Hi John,

it's the AI train which you have to change. Maybe I didn't write it clearly enough. The time for your AI #4 needs to be 86880, if you want to have it started 8 minutes after midnight.

I will try to explain what I did:
I created my player train which starts short before midnight (23:59). Then created an AI-train which starts at 00:01. I then went into the .act-file, searched the traffic definitions and edited the Service_Definition ( midnight-ai 60 to Service_Definition ( midnight-ai 86460. This way the AI was generated 2 minutes later as my player train and ran it's predefined path.
I don't know if a train can be started at 00:00. Maybe a train which should appear after midnight, has to have a start-time of 86401 (one second after midnight) or greater.
The player train is left untouched, only the ai(s) need to be changed, when they shall appear after midnight.

Cheers Lutz

#7 User is offline   Lutz_s 

• Fireman

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:38 AM

@Eugen

I think, you don't need such things in timetable-mode. The timetable should start again when passing midnight, so 24hours for starttimes should be enough.

Lutz

#8 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:44 AM

Yes I misunderstood myself and now correct one activity -- AI#4 to 86880 from 480. Will run again sometime today and let you know if that is successful with the time change for AI #4.

Thank you again,

John

#9 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:56 AM

It works now after midnight with one of the AI train go into the siding. Thank you to Lutz for this and now I remember this for next time if I create another activity like this.

Smile,

John

#10 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:45 PM

This is a completely new trick to me, I have never heard before. Probably worth remembering, thus spiked.

Cheers, Markus
Admin

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users