• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AI train did not show after midnight? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Nitin 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:39 AM

Now suppose the player starts at 0:01 and an AI starts at 23:50. They can be tweaked in Activity mode as you said but what to do in TT mode? The TT will start at 0:00, player at 0:01 but the AI cannot start at previous night or can it?

#12 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:43 AM

Timetable mode has been defined primarily for passenger train services, and those services rarely run continuously for 24 hours - mostly there is a short break, often between about 02:00 and 04:00. To make services running after midnight part of the service of the previous day before that service break, you can define $next after the start-time (in row #start). The train will now not be run at the start of the timetable, but at the end. That makes it work like the famous note that has been shown in the Dutch timetable for ages : "Trains running after midnight are assumed to be the last trains of the previous day". (After introducing overnight services a few years ago, the note was changed and now trains running upto to 04:00 are assumed to be the last trains of the day).
Also, you must not 'link' trains (with #dispose details) which run before and after the 'break'. Last trains should be terminated with $static or nothing at all, first trains should be started with $create or also nothing at all.
There is no way yet to set up a timetable without a break. As yet there is no $previous command which would be the equivalent of the '$next' for starting trains before midnight.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#13 User is offline   Nitin 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:28 AM

Thank you very much for the $next trick. I am sure going to use it. Compromising linking seems to be a small price to pay for being able to work as per the real life.

#14 User is offline   omsriguru 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails and MSTS

Posted 31 December 2021 - 01:47 AM

View PostLutz_s, on 19 July 2015 - 12:32 AM, said:

Hi John,

it's the AI train which you have to change. Maybe I didn't write it clearly enough. The time for your AI #4 needs to be 86880, if you want to have it started 8 minutes after midnight.

I will try to explain what I did:
I created my player train which starts short before midnight (23:59). Then created an AI-train which starts at 00:01. I then went into the .act-file, searched the traffic definitions and edited the Service_Definition ( midnight-ai 60 to Service_Definition ( midnight-ai 86460. This way the AI was generated 2 minutes later as my player train and ran it's predefined path.
I don't know if a train can be started at 00:00. Maybe a train which should appear after midnight, has to have a start-time of 86401 (one second after midnight) or greater.
The player train is left untouched, only the ai(s) need to be changed, when they shall appear after midnight.

Cheers Lutz

#15 User is offline   omsriguru 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails and MSTS

Posted 31 December 2021 - 01:57 AM

Oh.. thanx a trillion... This is one more way I've benefitted from this forum as I had just now run into the same problem of AI traffic beyond 12 AM midnight in my BNSF intermodal Wynoka activity from Wellington KS to Canadian TX. I'm doing this monster simming over 10 BNSF subs.. virtually the BNSF Southern Transcon.. Taking this long intermodal all the way from Chicago to LA... Have all the routes downpat.. I can't thank enough all those who made these awesome routes.. it is like taking a virtual tour of the American heartland without even being there.. the changes in flora and the landscape.. is just awesome..

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users