• You cannot reply to this topic

New Route Editor for Open Rails Build routes without msts Rate Topic: -----

#1651 User is offline   jdilworth 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:43 AM

Hi Goku,

As I may have said before, TSRE is easily one of the best tools developed for this community, ever. Thanks for your efforts.

I found an interesting bug this morning while adding siding markers. Some of them had the letter 'e' added to the end after saving. Most of them were sidings which had numbers, such as 'yard 1'. After saving, and returning to check the siding object, I noticed it was changed to 'yard 1e'. I don't think it is dependent on having numbers at the end, because this was happening to some of the siding objects which only had letters and no spaces. Not a major bug, but one you should know about.

Cheers,
Jason

@TrainSimulations.net

#1652 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

Hi Goku, With the latest zipped version I have finally been able to open up a route in TSRE5 on my 32 Bit Windows Vista Home Basic. When I try to install the newer EXE for 32bit I once again only get a white screen when attempting to load a route.

I install the new version of the exe by deleting the old 32 bit exe and rename the TSRE5x32-xxx.exe to just TSRE5x32.exe.

Is this the correct way to install new builds of your program? Or is it that your program is just not designed to run on OpenGL3 and Vista 32 Bit?

I for one am frustrated with the TSRE5 not wanting to work when every other piece of software related to MSTS/ORTS works fine.

Robert

#1653 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:07 PM

View PostJovet, on 26 June 2017 - 04:26 AM, said:

Well, that is odd. And very wrong...that should not be there. Is that something the GSU exporter is doing?

Yes, but I have no idea why. It is just a literal string.

#1654 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:06 AM

View PostSP 0-6-0, on 10 July 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

Hi Goku, With the latest zipped version I have finally been able to open up a route in TSRE5 on my 32 Bit Windows Vista Home Basic. When I try to install the newer EXE for 32bit I once again only get a white screen when attempting to load a route.

I think, you are installing older EXE than your ZIP. Or your ZIP installation is too old.

#1655 User is offline   Ben 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:45 PM

Have you tried "running as administrator?"

I install the new version of the exe by deleting the old 32 bit exe and rename the TSRE5x32-xxx.exe to just TSRE5x32.exe.

Is this the correct way to install new builds of your program? Or is it that your program is just not designed to run on OpenGL3 and Vista 32 Bit?

I for one am frustrated with the TSRE5 not wanting to work when every other piece of software related to MSTS/ORTS works fine.

Robert

#1656 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:03 PM

Yes. It makes no difference. My video card is a Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5 ram. System is a 3 GHertz two core CPU with 3Gigs of ram.

Robert

#1657 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

Can you tell what zip version you are using and what path are you applying?

#1658 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

To install Goku's TSRE5 Route Editor:

• For a new installation, create the folder where you want it. You should avoid the \Program Files and \Program Files (x86) folders, as usual.
  • Obtain the latest resource .zip file from http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/ - locate and download the .zip file with the highest numbers.
  • Open that .zip file with your utility of choice.
  • Navigate inside the TSRE5 folder in the .zip file.
  • Select all of the files and extract them to the folder you created in Step #1. For an existing installation, to preserve your current settings, do not select and overwrite the settings.txt file.
  • Close the .zip file opened in Step #3.

Run the TSRE5.exe file to start the editor.

You can download current builds from http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/ and save them to the folder you picked in Step #1. You can overwrite the existing TSRE5.exe file if you wish, or save the file with its unique filename with its version number. Just make sure you start the one you intend to use the editor.

New builds will rely upon the most-recent .zip file's data. If a newer .zip file is published, then it must be installed before any builds newer than it may be used.

#1659 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

Goku,

TSRE5_v0.6144.zip

Tried to install TSRE5x32_v0.6881.exe by renaming and over writing the original TSRE5X32.exe with the 6881 version.

6881 just does not give me anything other than a white screen.

Robert

#1660 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:56 AM

TSRE5x32_v0.6881.exe is not compatible with TSRE5_v0.6144.zip.
Also, both of them are old versions. 0.6144 is very old!

Order the list by date if you have problems finding proper files.

• 208 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users