Elvas Tower: Autopilot mode - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Autopilot mode Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:22 AM

Thanks Dogbert,
this is the loco's consist file I modified to get rid of the 1 mph limit
Attached File  WAL_GDE_Toton Garratt 47987 LE.con (900bytes)
Number of downloads: 380
I set the limit to 35 mph, as in this activity the player is required to run at that maximum speed, even if the route maxspeed is 90 mph.
In my test with the player loco only and the loose consist, I didn't get closed signals in autopilot mode. The loco neatly run forwards, then backed up to the loose consist, coupled and restarted forwards. I had only to look at. Strange that you have a different behavior. Maybe some AI train nearby influences the signals there.

#22 User is offline   Dogbert 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR MonoGame

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:15 AM

Hi Carlo,

the max velocity setting for the Garratt consist, should be "MaxVelocity ( 17.88160 1.00000 )"

But thanks for posting your amended one.

There is a passing AI passenger service on the main line in the original activity.

But it should not affect the function of the signals in the yard.

#23 User is offline   Dogbert 

• Fireman

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:22 AM

The activity with the Garratt is not the one that stops at the shunt signal and will not move.

If you read my comment in post #3 Carlo, you will see that i said that the Garratt reversed onto the loose consist without problems.

This was the activity that crashed after 6 or 7 mins of play.

The activity that the loco gets stuck at the shunt signal is Somerstown to Wellingborough, on the same route.

I mixed the two activities up sorry. :)

#24 User is offline   Dogbert 

• Fireman

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:11 PM

Any chance Autopilot will ever be able to run "pick up goods" activities fully automatically, Carlo ?

Just tried one on the Bristol - Birmingham route.

Instead of the player loco dropping it's train in the siding and then continuing to pick up more wagons.

It shunted the whole train into the pick up siding and attached the loose consist to the rear of the player consist, behind the brake van.

Which is not prototypical.

I really enjoy the Autopilot feature, very much like being able to ride the player consist in Trainz.

Good for route learning and just enjoying the scenery. :)

#25 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:32 PM

Hello Dogbert,
can you then provide me the UKTrainsim link to the Somerstown to Wellingborough activity?

I don't foresee by the moment to pick up and drop wagons automatically. It's not at all simple, especially if the path is not preset for that. That is really the case where one has to pass to player driven mode by pressing Alt-A.

#26 User is offline   Dogbert 

• Fireman

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:22 AM

Hi Carlo,

link for activity................ http://www.uktrainsi...rm_fileid=30676

Thanks for explanation in regards Autopilot implementation of shunting movements.. :)

#27 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / MSTS

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:32 AM

Hi Carlo-
Great new capability! Works fine for me.
Certainly great for checking out new activities - I can go and look at the behavior of the traffic trains without worrying that the player train has got itself into trouble. It would also be great if it worked with Timetable mode.

Question: must the kit only work with a particular release (e.g. 2656) , or will it work if decompressed into the more recent releases?

Thanks,
Sid

#28 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:04 AM

Thanks Sid,
It should work also into more recent releases, however it won't include new features contained in such releases. So by the moment I suggest that you hold a fixed release of OR with my kit, and a moving one that you regularly update without my kit. I anyhow foresee to release in the next few days a kit including the changes of the last OR features.
And then, sooner or later, autopilot mode should be included into the mainstream OR...

Referring to timetable mode, I'm not against applying autopilot mode also to it, but I would like to read Rob's opinion on that.

#29 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:18 AM

There's no need for this function in Timetable mode, as no distinction is made between AI or player train - any train in the timetable can be selected as the player train, and if not, it's an AI train.
The best way to test a timetable is to create a 'dummy' train, which sits in an otherwise unused siding, timed to start just before the moment of interest. Using camera 8, from this position all trains can be observed and, using the Dispatcher display, anything irregular can easily be spotted, not just in the location where the dummy train is located.
If an anomaly is found, correct it (e.g. different path, additional timetable commands etc.), set the start of the dummy train just before the time of the incident and restart to check.
And if all goes well, it's a nice bit of virtual train spotting :sign_sorry: .

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#30 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:52 AM

Yes Rob,
you're right, you can foresee the dummy train already when you design the timetable.
What the autopilot does more is the possibility of switching on and off autopilot mode (but in timetable mode you don't have to do things that you can do only in player driven mode, like shunting outside what has been definable in the timetable also for AI trains), and the possibility to sit within the cab, which has few testing utility, however is another way to enjoy the game. So it has in effect lower priority.

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users