General screenshot thread for MSTS / OR Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:10 AM

View Postkknobl, on 07 July 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:

I didn't know Birmingham 3 had been released. I know it was being worked on...

Will have to look for this myself.

It hasn't, I lost most of the revisions to the route in a computer crash. :sign_oops: :sorry2: :sorry: Those shots were on the Birmingham 2.

#22 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:37 AM

View Postpnrailway, on 07 July 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

It hasn't, I lost most of the revisions to the route in a computer crash. :sorry2: :sorry: :sorry: Those shots were on the Birmingham 2.

Thanks for the props Markus. And whoops on the 2/3 flub there. I was going by the Template name. And yes, it is an awesome route. Lots of opportunity for main line or switching action. Didn't even know it was your route Paul. Awesome work.

Jason,

The route is not mine. The origional route developer was letting me do a scenery modification to the route. I had it finished and was in the process of preparing the documentation when the crash wiped it all out. :sign_oops:

#23 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

Found it despite the 2 / 3 "issue", but my connection is currently refusing to download anything. Can´t even watch videos on youtube... (that´s the only thing I hate about holiday season - EVERYBODY is linked to the internet, but nobody will any longer get acceptable speeds :sign_oops:)

Cheers, Markus

#24 User is offline   c36dash7 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

Adding a bit of trivia, to the "version 3" of the Birmingham Route . I was sent a courtesy / working copy, of a version 3, where, if I understood correctly, would have featured Paul's excellent work . This was provided to my attention by Curtis ( "Snootnose" ) Doucette, who, also, had added his own personal touch to this ( namely, lots of trackside detailing, lines utility poles with wires, etc ... ).

I only worked a very short 3 weeks on upgrading the Terrtex , but did not see / perceive , any further interest in pursuing the overall process of finalizing such Upgrade . Not unlike everyone else , it seems, I also lost this copy to a hard drive crash ( on a "storage" ... computer ) , although, in the last 6 months, I was kindly provided with yet another copy , that would have been been shared by Curtis .

Overall, I still would rate "this" version 3 ( as, my understanding is that there actually are many ..."version 3", so to speak ), of the Birmingham Route , as way-way up there , with the likes of Jeff's Surfliner Route . As much as it would be a shame to let this "version 3" slip by, unreleased, personally, I am now trying to juggle 3 Route projects, and in the last few months, still couldn't find the time to even install it and have a look... '-)

Jean Brisson

#25 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

I am trying to reconstruct the BHam 3, improving on what I did before, but it is only one of a number of projects I am working on and I am not sure how long it may take. :sign_oops: :sorry2: :sorry:

#26 User is offline   vermont204 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

Oh man, those RS1s need some updating...

Not to worry though! I'm working on something that will be more than just an update to them. (As evidenced by my sig pic.)

#27 User is offline   Jonatan 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS and Vehicle Simulator

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/271/6/a/6ad4d1b8c3e62353acc2c945234bb91b-d2zpg1h.png

#28 User is offline   CRQ5508 

• Conductor

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:50 AM

Max, your pictures make me want to start running 1940s/1950s era trains. All the more reason why I'm looking forward to Paul Charland's upcoming route. :sign_thanks: By chance, are the gentlemen over at BLW creating custom shapes for you, or are you creating your own freight animations to get the correct details? If you don't mind my asking.

#29 User is offline   vermont204 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

Thom, I am working with Rick and Christopher on a Rutland Railroad set! The models are being done by Rick, I'm doing the paint, and Christopher is in charge of freight cars. Its going to be a good one! If you look close, you'll see that 202 and 207 are different. This is because the Rutland RS3s came in three batches, each with different details like steam gennys, different headlight types, and split railings. Its been really cool to learn about the Rutland Railroad. Also, the set is going to be based in 1955. Before the RS3s were upgraded in-house.

Paul, Thank you! You've got some pretty damn good shots right there yourself!

#30 User is offline   damo 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

Paul, Max,
Thank you for posting such magnificent screenshots of your routes. You continually inspire me to try and emulate your great work on similar projects.
Cheers
Damo

• 127 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users