Elvas Tower: 3D Cabs - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 80 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D Cabs Rate Topic: -----

#601 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:09 AM

There are ORTS_RIGHTDOOR and ORTS_LEFTDOOR which can be used to separately open/close right and left doors. I used them in 2D cabs but they should work also in 3D cabs.

#602 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 May 2020 - 08:19 AM

Thank you very much Csantucci! I'll try it out on the 3d cabs...

#603 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 31 May 2020 - 10:32 AM

Hello again!

Yes, I'm very heavy...

Question: Is there any way to flip a 3D cab so that it appears correctly on the unit at the other end of the train?

It's exactly the same. I have a suspicion that we should turn the model and its animations upside down and create a second model of the cabin. But then, what is this line for?

ORTS3DCab(

StartDirection ( 12 0 0 )

Even if I change it to:

ORTS3DCab(

StartDirection ( 12 180 0 )

...for the unit at the other end, the view still points forward. What am I doing wrong, please? Thank you very much for the answers!

#604 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 31 May 2020 - 10:43 AM

Yes, you have to have a second cab model for the other end of the locomotive. As you say, some of the animations are reversed. Some rotations are ok.
Then you need a second entry in the .eng file to position the other cab model.
Geoff

#605 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 31 May 2020 - 01:20 PM

That's a good question which leads to my question. Can Digital displays in 3D cabs be twisted or flipped instead of viewing completely front only? Something seams to be missing for 3D cabs to turn head long hood forward an still be able to see digital gauges or even create a NS cab with all the digital displays looking to the left they got. Seams animated needles are the only way now or getting Web Server on a detailed custom display gauges?

#606 User is offline   superheatedsteam 

• Engineer

Posted 31 May 2020 - 08:06 PM

View PostATW, on 31 May 2020 - 01:20 PM, said:

Can Digital displays in 3D cabs be twisted or flipped instead of viewing completely front only?

Yes they can.

I just tested in a 3D cab that has 1 working digital speedometer called SPEEDOMETER:0:20 in front of the driver in a 'normal' vertical position.

In the 3D modelling program I made a copy of that speedometer object (it's just a small cube), renamed it to SPEEDOMETER:1:20 and moved it to the rear of the cab behind the panel wall so that the player would not see it. I then moved the origin point for the SPEEDOMETER:1:20 cube forwards so that it was just in front of panels on the rear wall but behind where the drivers head would be. I then rotated the origin point for the SPEEDOMETER:1:20 cube 180 degrees in the vertical axis so that the driver would see if when their view is rotated 180 degrees to the rear. I then rotated the origin slightly in all 3 axis to confirm it would display in a non 'normal' vertical position.

I then opened the CVF file for the 2D cabview, copied the existing speedometer entry and pasted it back into the CVF file so that ere were now 2 speedometers in the CVF file. I changed the first 2 values in in the Position () parameter to 2000 so that the second speedometer display I just pasted back into the CVF would be drawn off screen and not be visible in the 2D cabview. I also incremented the CabViewControls value by 1 as I had just added a new (speedometer) control.

I exported the .S file and tested in game. The first 'normal' speedometer was still there and worked as it did before. I rotated my view to the rear of the cab, and there was the new second speedometer exactly where I had placed the origin for the SPEEDOMETER:1:20 cube. The digits were also rotated slightly off the perpendicular planes, just as I had applied to the origin.

Note that this testing was done in a single cabbed locomotive.

#607 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 07 June 2020 - 07:51 PM

Hi!

Another point I'm making because it just happened to me. I have a 3d cockpit almost finished, and now I wanted to incorporate the display for the overspeed. It's the latest interactive control for my cab.

In the 2D cockpit everything works fine using the control

OVERSPEED MULTI_STATE_DISPLAY

The texture "turns on" correctly when the maximum speed of the Route is exceeded.

However, in the 3D cockpit, try naming the object that incorporates the illuminated texture, and use any of these names for the object:

OVERSPEED:0
OVERSPEED_DISPLAY:0
OVERSPEED MULTI_STATE_DISPLAY:0

...the object named SPEEDOMETER:0:20, which displays the texture with the source to show the speed, disappears, while the OVERSPEED object loses its animation.

It also doesn't work by changing :0 to :0:0 in the OVERSPEED names. The only way to get the SPEEDOMETER digital speedometer back on display is to delete or rename the OVERSPEED object.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but the forum search and the inability to search for texts of 3 letters or less, does not help.

Thanks for the answers!

#608 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 07 June 2020 - 09:30 PM

Well, I've made some progress.

With OVERSPEED:0, the object works fine. But I still don't see the control SPEEDOMETER...

#609 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:02 AM

Well, mystery solved, I know what happens.

In the 2d cabin I have a series of LED "lights" to represent the speedometer.

This series of definitions have the following format:

Gauge (
			Type ( SPEEDOMETER GAUGE )
			Position ( 352 359 5 4 )
			Area ( 0 0 5 4 )
			Graphic ("MMS6000verde2.ace" )
			Style ( SOLID )
			ScaleRange ( 10 10 )
			ZeroPos ( 0 )
			PositiveColour ( 1
				ControlColour ( 255 189 85 )
			)
			NegativeColour ( 1
				ControlColour ( 255 0 0 )
			)
			Orientation ( 1 )
			Address ( 1 )
			Units ( KM_PER_HOUR )
		)

Well, the solution has been to enclose this whole list of 21 controls between the Comment() brackets in the cvf file of the 3D cockpit (and of course, subtracting the number of those 21 controls from the 3d cockpit cvf file). It seems that they were in conflict with SPEDOOMETER DIGITAL.

What is curious is that there has been no problem with having these definitions in the cvf of the 3D cockpit until you place and define the object OVERSPEED MULTI_STATE_DISPLAY.

Thanks!

#610 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:25 AM

Good detective work. 3d cab controls and gauges are not a mature technology yet in Openrails.

Geoff

• 80 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users