• You cannot reply to this topic

grey screen Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   asteph627 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:58 AM

Hi everyone,

Just began using OR about 1 month ago and would like to say I am very impressed with it. I have run a multitude of activities without problems and love the graphics. I usually can figure our from the OR log what problems I need to fix and can accomplish most of the corrections. I have run across a problem on the Glenwood Spring - Grand Junction Route which I cannot seem to solve. The activity runs flawlessly for almost 85% of the route. However, just outside of Palisades, I suddenly encounter a completely grey screen. I can hear the sound still running in the background but only see a grey screen. This always occurs in the same location in the activity. I believe it may have to do with entering a tile with a problem but am not sure. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Also thanks to OR team for their work. Train simming is much more enjoyable than ols MSTS.

AJ Stephany
Retired SP Switchman

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

View Postasteph627, on 08 March 2014 - 06:58 AM, said:

Hi everyone,

Just began using OR about 1 month ago and would like to say I am very impressed with it. I have run a multitude of activities without problems and love the graphics. I usually can figure our from the OR log what problems I need to fix and can accomplish most of the corrections. I have run across a problem on the Glenwood Spring - Grand Junction Route which I cannot seem to solve. The activity runs flawlessly for almost 85% of the route. However, just outside of Palisades, I suddenly encounter a completely grey screen. I can hear the sound still running in the background but only see a grey screen. This always occurs in the same location in the activity. I believe it may have to do with entering a tile with a problem but am not sure. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Also thanks to OR team for their work. Train simming is much more enjoyable than ols MSTS.

AJ Stephany
Retired SP Switchman

Always good to post specifics - eg: Version of ORTS you are running, specific name of activity and copy of the Open Rails log. I have that route and have not had grey screen problems in months. The GSOD is something that has been fixed by many recent improvements. Try running a newer version.

#3 User is offline   asteph627 

• Fireman

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:01 AM

View PostR H Steele, on 10 March 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

Always good to post specifics - eg: Version of ORTS you are running, specific name of activity and copy of the Open Rails log. I have that route and have not had grey screen problems in months. The GSOD is something that has been fixed by many recent improvements. Try running a newer version.

Thanks for the help! I am using version 0.9 of Open Rails and the activity name is BN G85. ACT.

The log is attached

Open Rails is starting...
Argument 0 = -start
Argument 1 = C:\MSTS\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\GS-GJ\ACTIVITIES\BN G85.act
Version = 0.9.0.1648
Build = 0.0.4915.25550 (2013-06-16 14:11:40Z)
Logfile = C:\Users\AJ\Desktop\OpenRailsLog.txt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alerter = False
AvatarURL = http://openrails.org...pport-logos.jpg
BrakePipeChargingRate = 21
BreakCouplers = False
Cab2DStretch = 0
CarVibratingLevel = 0
DataLogger = False
DistantMountains = False
DistantMountainsLoweringValue = 5
DistantMountainsViewingTiles = 20
DoubleWire = False
DynamicShadows = (registry) True
FullScreen = (registry) True
GraduatedRelease = False
LODViewingExtention = False
Logging = True
LoggingFilename = OpenRailsLog.txt
LoggingPath = C:\Users\AJ\Desktop
Menu_Selection = (registry) C:\MSTS\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator, C:\MSTS\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\GS-GJ, C:\MSTS\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\GS-GJ\ACTIVITIES\BN G85.act
MSTSBINSound = False
Multiplayer = False
Multiplayer_Host = 127.0.0.1
Multiplayer_Port = 30000
Multiplayer_UpdateInterval = 10
Multiplayer_User = AJ
MultiplayerClient = False
MultiplayerServer = False
Precipitation = (registry) True
Profiling = False
ProfilingFrameCount = 0
ProfilingTime = 0
ReplayPauseBeforeEnd = True
ReplayPauseBeforeEndS = 0
ScreenshotPath = C:\Users\AJ\Pictures\Open Rails
ShaderModel = 0
ShadowAllShapes = False
ShadowMapBlur = True
ShadowMapCount = 4
ShadowMapDistance = 0
ShadowMapResolution = 1024
ShowAvatar = False
ShowErrorDialogs = True
SoundDetailLevel = 5
SoundVolumePercent = 100
SuperElevationGauge = 1435
SuperElevationMinLen = 50
SuppressConfirmations = False
TrainLights = (registry) True
UseAdvancedAdhesion = True
UseSuperElevation = 0
VerticalSync = False
ViewDispatcher = False
ViewingDistance = 2000
ViewingFOV = 45
WindowGlass = False
WindowPosition_Activity = 50, 50
WindowPosition_Compass = 50, 0
WindowPosition_ComposeMessage = 50, 50
WindowPosition_DriverAid = 100, 100
WindowPosition_Help = (registry) 53, 73
WindowPosition_NextStation = 0, 100
WindowPosition_Quit = 50, 50
WindowPosition_Switch = (registry) 0, 59
WindowPosition_TrackMonitor = (registry) 0, 0
WindowPosition_TrainOperations = (registry) 67, 50
WindowSize = 1024x768
Wire = False
WorldObjectDensity = 10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mode = Activity
Activity = C:\MSTS\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\GS-GJ\ACTIVITIES\BN G85.act
Loading TRK TDB SIGCFG DAT ACT RDB CARSPAWN SIGSCR
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Warning: Reading an item started with a double-quote character and followed by the + operator but then the next item must also be double-quoted. in C:\MSTS\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\trains\trainset\SLI.BN\BN_B30_7AB_4062AI.eng:line 261

Running AI trains ...
ENV SIGCFG TTYPE

Information: OpenAL 1.1 ALSOFT 1.15.1 using device OpenAL Soft by OpenAL Community

TTTTTTTTTWWSWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS$WSSSSSWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS TRP(default)SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS$WSSWW

Warning: {TileX:-12347 TileZ:14296 X:-689.109 Y:429.484 Z:483.649} car spawner 428 doesn't have connected road route between {TileX:-12348 TileZ:14296 X:899.875 Y:429.487 Z:-4.43203} and {TileX:-12347 TileZ:14296 X:-230.083 Y:433.387 Z:971.739}

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS$WSSSS$CSError in c:\msts\microsoft games\train simulator\trains\trainset\bn_f45_6618\bn_f45_6618.s

Extra tokens found at end of block distance_levels
CSCS

Warning: 3 missing Stream(s) in C:\MSTS\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\trains\trainset\DRGW_SD45_5329\sound\EMD645E3_ext.sms:line 320

CSCSCSCCSCSCSCSCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCSCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCSCSCCCCCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCCSCSCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Information: Ignored missing animations data in shape c:\msts\microsoft games\train simulator\routes\gs-gj\shapes\atsf_mp.s

Information: Ignored missing animations data in shape c:\msts\microsoft games\train simulator\routes\gs-gj\shapes\atsf_speed_sign_w.s

Information: Ignored missing animations data in shape c:\msts\microsoft games\train simulator\routes\gs-gj\shapes\atsf_speed_sign_w_white_post.s

Warning: Skipped texture with error: Unknown color channel type 0 in c:\msts\microsoft games\train simulator\trains\trainset\bn_f45_6618\cabview\blank.ace

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#4 User is offline   thegrindre 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & Trainz '04 & Open Rails

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:50 AM

The log file is the best to send, not the contents of it. :D We'll need the whole thing if possible. :oldstry:

:sign_sorry:

#5 User is offline   asteph627 

• Fireman

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:38 PM

View Postthegrindre, on 13 March 2014 - 03:50 AM, said:

The log file is the best to send, not the contents of it. :) We'll need the whole thing if possible. :rotfl:

:lol2:

How's this?

#6 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:13 AM

I got the activity installed and will run it today - using OR Vx2084. I would suggest that you download the latest experimental and run the activity again. The OR log you posted will give information that the team can use to solve a problem with the route, if one exists. My guess is that improvements implemented since V09 have eliminated the problem you are having. In any case if you encounter the GSOD try resuming the activity from a save just previous to the GSOD and see what happens.

#7 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

Mr Stephany, a question ... the default activity (as downloaded) starts with player just outside glenwood springs yard (other side of bridge) at a red signal - approaching AI (BN GR3 AI 2) has the track. However, since the player train is approx 100 cars and is sitting on the track the AI must use, the AI must stop and cannot proceed to clear the signal --- What did you change to start the activity? Consist length, starting point of path, AI start times? Any number of changes (one or more) would remove the deadlock. Because of the differences in the way OR and MSTS interprets information the activity probably starts differently in MSTS. I'll make a change to start it properly in ORTS -- gotta look at the route, paths, and traffic info first and then run the activity.

#8 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

Running OR Vx2096. Changed the start, works fine. Through Palisade, no problems --- no grey screen. Probably best to download most current "X" version and try that. There have been many, many improvements since V09.
So what is with all the shrubbery, needed a weed wacker and chain saw to get through some of the underbrush on the track. :dance3: Wish I knew more about route editing, would try to remove some of it. There are lots of close traffic passes ---- tight sidings :thumbup3: . Kept me alert. Good Luck

EDIT: :crazy: >>> spoke too soon. The clifton sprite text appear and "PLINK" GSOD. I tried resuming and still encounter the screen at the same point, cannot seem to get past it. Attached is copy of my log, running OR Vx2096. Is it something to do with AI traffic paths? This specific activity? I think I'll make a path start before Palisade, no traffic, use same player consist and run through Palisade and see if I get the screen before Clifton. Loads of fun, grain is not going to get there on time.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: BN G85 Palisade.JPG

Attached File(s)

#9 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:49 PM

I'm through Clifton and at Fruitvale, no grey screen. So I would assume that it's the activity. Going to look at both of our logs and see if I can spot something. I'm new at this, so don't expect much. Enough for today, we'll see tomorrow.

#10 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

Something is going wrong with an AI train somehow wandering off it's path.
Could you please try and make a screenshot which includes the dispatcher hud information just before the program stops?
Could you also please check if an AI train is due start at the time the screen goes blank - and if so, try and see what happens if you remove that particular AI train from the traffic?

Thanks,
Rob Roeterdink

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users