02 January 2023 - 07:06 PM
File Size
55.39MB (Estimated Download Times)
Views
Downloads
Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
WARNING - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK - WARNING

While I've done my absolute best to make sure everything works properly - I make no guarantees, warranties, or promises - this software is provided - as is - for use at your own risk.

=== SIMULATOR ===

The model is setup for Open Rails only - the current ENG/WAG files will not work in MSTS.

Open Rails (the free open source train simulator)
http://www.openrails.org/

=== LICENSE ===

FREEWARE: The user is hereby permitted to - use - modify - and - upload - the contents of this file - with EXCEPTIONS listed below - for non-commercial purposes only. Use your head and just please keep it FREE folks - as I've put hundreds of hours into this work. Please include my README with any subsequent uploads of the model or any of the parts contained within. This pertains to my work alone and not the contributions others have made listed below - seek permission from them BEFORE uploading any of their work.

All contributors retain the rights to their respective contributions.

These engines were purchased by THE MILWAUKEE ROAD in response to the demands of longer, heavier passenger and freight trains in the 1940's. The S3s were a group of 10 4-8-4's numbered 260-269 purchased from ALCO in 1944. These engines were equipped with Walschaert valve gear. These were the last steam locomotives ordered by the Milwaukee Road before the end of steam. The S3 class originally had a round smokebox front and no mars light but Milwaukee Road quickly modified them with square smokebox fronts and additionally added the mars lights. originally built as coal burners four of them were converted to oil burners and sent out west to the non electrified gap. All of them were retired by 1954 with 261 and 265 being preserved. Milwaukee Road 261 runs in Excursion service around the upper Midwest and number 265 is on display at the Illinois Railroad Museum in Union, Illinois.

=== PROTOTYPE (Steam Physics Values) ===

Wheel Arrangement: 4-8-4
Drivers: 74" dia
Weight on Drivers: 259,300 lbs
Locomotive & Tender Weight in working order: 460,000 lbs
Weight of Tender with fuel – 364,100 lbs
Fire Box Area – 144 9/16th” x 96 1/4″
Grate Area: 92.6 Sq. Ft.
Total Evaporating Area – 4477.5 Sq Ft.
Total Heating Surface – 1,438 Sq Ft.
Cylinders: (2) 26" x 32"
Boiler Pressure: 250 psi
Tractive Effort: 62,119 lbs
Tender Capacity: 20,000 gals. of water and 25 tons of soft coal.
Tender Type – 12-wheeled; consisting of two 6 wheel trucks

=== CONCLUSION ===

special thanks goes out to Allen Norton who inspired and helped me immensely with TSM. Showing me the ropes when I was first starting to model. I appreciate all the advice and inspiration I've received by others as well. I also must mention that the vast amount of information available on the forums regarding modelling for MSTS has been invaluable. The success I've had in making these models would not have been possible without drawing on the experience of so many others that have blazed the trail before!

Thank you all and hope you enjoy this model.

Regards,

Brandon Smith

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

There were no comments found for this file

Page 1 of 1

Toggle random files Random Files

Screenshot

File Name: 3ft narrow gauge bridge rails
In Category: Beta Test Files
Screenshot

File Name: Pan Am - Guilford GP35 set
In Category: Modern Diesels (Post - 1960)

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
High-detail Assorted Track Signs by Jovet  (submitted Yesterday, 10:33 AM)

17 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
17 guests, 0 Anonymous Users