Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

B&O Big Steam B&O Big Steam Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   rchgck 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

This was posted on trainsim in the screenshot forum by the guy who created the Allegheny Rails Route.

I did not see it anywhere here so I apologize if I missed it and duplicated.

It's such a great video and that I thought everyone here may enjoy it!

Long live the B&O!

These will look great on Sandpatch.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rh0-4hOQ-Sk

#2 User is offline   B & O GUY 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:50 PM

Yes Chris

What a fantastic job you did on the EM-1. It looks fabulous. I'm glad you stuck it out and finished this beautiful locomotive. Give yourself a big pat on the back
for me. Job well done.

And Michael

Very good video and sounds. I really enjoyed watching that. Looks like your having a little bit of fun in between your busy work schedule. Pat yourself on the
back too.

Allen ;)

#3 User is offline   streamline 

• Fireman

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:51 PM

Hello,
a big thank you from me, too. The zip file with the final version had been sleeping on my HD for some time, but now I had time to install it. I took the engine out for a run on the B&O Cumberland route with my Tim Muir Special. A little heads up when you drive the loco from the cab in the rear part: Don't forget to realease the loco brake after switching cabs. (That's the mistake I made at my first start.) Here are some shots of the maiden voyage.

Attached Image: Cum019.jpg

Attached Image: Cum021.jpg

Attached Image: Cum028.jpg

Attached Image: Cum034.jpg

Attached Image: Cum037.jpg

Keep on steamin'!
Dietmar

#4 User is offline   GreatNortherner 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Railworks

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:10 AM

View Poststreamline, on Jul 14 2009, 09:51 AM, said:

Hello,
a big thank you from me, too. The zip file with the final version had been sleeping on my HD for some time, but now I had time to install it. I took the engine out for a run on the B&O Cumberland route with my Tim Muir Special. A little heads up when you drive the loco from the cab in the rear part: Don't forget to realease the loco brake after switching cabs. (That's the mistake I made at my first start.) Here are some shots of the maiden voyage.

Keep on steamin'!
Dietmar

Ooooh, :D brilliant screenshots, Dietmar!
Are those Tim Muir's boxcars behind the engine? They fit quite nicely, a great looking consist you got there!

Cheers!
Michael

#5 User is offline   streamline 

• Fireman

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:59 AM

Hi Michael,
yes they are. My Tim Muir Special is a consist made of Tim's cars only, the best freight cars you can get for the steam era. When I get a new steamer I just change the caboose to fit the company of the engine, and go on an explore run. If you look through the screenshot section here you'll find some more shots of this consist, also from your GN Hiline and Allegheny routes (If I remember right), two of my favorite routes, by the way.

Keep on steamin'!
Dietmar

#6 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

View PostB & O GUY, on Jul 13 2009, 05:50 PM, said:

Yes Chris

What a fantastic job you did on the EM-1. It looks fabulous. I'm glad you stuck it out and finished this beautiful locomotive. Give yourself a big pat on the back
for me. Job well done.

And Michael

Very good video and sounds. I really enjoyed watching that. Looks like your having a little bit of fun in between your busy work schedule. Pat yourself on the
back too.

Allen :D

Allen,
Thanks for the very kind comments. It means a lot coming from the "Master of Steam". I learned so much doing these models that you've graciously shared. With each one I added more modelled details, adjusted things to closer match the prototype, added LODs, crew freightanims, and a lot of extras nobody really notices. Allegheny Rails is my favorite route. Michael has done just an incredible job.

Here's a early WIP shot of the next one in the pipeline. This one's going to be a textured like the end of steam when maintenance was spotty. With summer, it's going to be a while till it's finished. There's also a lot of mods of details to match prototype practices, like handrails, cylinders, valve gear, etc. And still have a goal of adding even more depth and weight (used your multiple layers idea on the EM) to the drivers without killing the poly budget.
Attached Image: T3_WIP1.jpg

Again, thanks for the inspiration and support.
chrisvw

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users