Elvas Tower: Np L-5 Switcher On The Moclips Branch - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Np L-5 Switcher On The Moclips Branch A neat little engine gets a repaint Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SVRy_Steve 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 21 August 2005 - 01:03 PM

We're moved in, over here in Sumpter Oregon, and, between trains going by, I'm doing a bit of fiddling with the sim. I tell, ya, having a real 36" gauge 2-8-2 going by every hour or so, is real distracting :lol:

Anyway, I repainted Jonatan Gronoset's 0-6-0 into a fairly close match for an early NP switch engine. About the only real fault is the headlight, as the NP's switchers had something like a reflector with a shade, almost skeletol. I have Jonatan's permission to upload it, so once we are a bit more settled in, I try to make it available. At the moment, I'm dealing with a very slow dial-up connection, getting 33k speeds, but it looks promising for DSL in a few days.

So here she is, leaving Moclips, after getting the Smith mill loads switched out, heading back to Hoquiam.
Attached Image: 924fishplate.jpg

#2 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 21 August 2005 - 05:11 PM

Steve, the 924 looks great, a good stand-in for the L-5 class. Did the NP use their bay-window cabooses on the Moclips? Thinking about making one.

I bet the whole Sumpter Valley is distracting for you. It would seem really hard to be enthused about the Moclips Branch, when you have SVRR right outside your door, listening to the #19's whistlings for your driveway/crossing echo off the mountains around you.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users